Walther Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After buying a P99 AS 9mm a few weeks ago, I also had to grab and OD Green P22. Despite the horror stories of unreliable performance, I still made the purchase and am glad that I did.

My son and I went out and we shot an estimated 250-rounds of Federal Value Pack through the pistol without the first issue. The little gun was simply a joy to shoot and did I mention that I love the military OD green color!

I am really glad that I made this purchase given the recent increase in ammo prices and the fact that I can shoot all day for $11.00. The pistol only set me back $280 out the door. Simply marvelous!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Despite the horror stories of unreliable performance, I still made the purchase and am glad that I did.
It seems the new models have the flaws worked out. Hope you enjoy it. I'll be taking my wife to the range today and she will shoot my P22 for the first time.

Take care.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ammo

I've only had my P22 for a couple of weeks. I bought several types of ammo to try out in it. Remmington Target were good to go! Mini-Max, also good to go! No problems with either.

However, do not use the Remington Viper High Velocity Truncated ammo. It won't work. The truncated noses just kept getting jammed. Stick to the rounded!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I used Federal Bulk as well and really enjoyed it. By the way, is there any tricks on reassembly? It takes me 20-minutes and 100-failed attempts to getting the recoil spring guide to feed back through the recoil spring to reassemble the pistol.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I used Federal Bulk as well and really enjoyed it. By the way, is there any tricks on reassembly? It takes me 20-minutes and 100-failed attempts to getting the recoil spring guide to feed back through the recoil spring to reassemble the pistol.
Are you using the threader? If not, that's your problem. It took me a couple of tries and I was thinking "what the h#*$?". I then noticed the threader. It was ok after that...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Threader

There's a cylindrical piece of plastic (came in the bag with the extra sights) that is about 2 inches long that you thread through the spring on the opposite end from the guide rod. This keeps it straight so that you can thread it through the front of the slide. Then it just slides out as you're putting the slide back on. Make sense?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I found it, thanks. Since the manual doesn't mention anything about a threader, makes it kind of difficult to figure it out on your own with an unfamiliar, brand new weapon.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You're Welcome

That will make it easier. The P22's not as easy to break down and put back together as my Beretta or XD, but luckily, the threader makes it easier than it could be. Take care and enjoy!

·
Registered
51 Posts
After all that has been written about the P22, I had to find out for myself. I've got about 1100 rounds through it so far. CCI Mini Mags, Remingtons, and the most foul, dirty Blazer 22's that I have ever seen. I've had no problems at all. Other than the trigger ears gouging the inside of the slide (well documented by now)which I have to address, reliability and accuracy have been great. For $250, I could not be happier with it. It has been tucked into my waistband on more than one occasion when I needed a small light weapon.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Try the cheap stuff. I works just as good. I use Federal bulk.

I see good reviews on the other forums that I visit. I'm glad to see good reviews here now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts