Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a new P22 Q and have not received it yet. Can anyone tell me if the newer "Q" (not QD) guns have the captured recoil spring? If not, I will order one since the YouTube videos make it look much easier to handle.

Thanks in advance for any input.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Should have the Walther captured spring in it.1917
Thank you. I am as new as today on this forum and still have not taken delivery of my P22Q yet. Already I appreciate the value you add to the folks on this forum including myself. Thanks again for the info.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
I just ordered a new P22 Q and have not received it yet. Can anyone tell me if the newer "Q" (not QD) guns have the captured recoil spring? If not, I will order one since the YouTube videos make it look much easier to handle.

Got mine two months ago and it did have the new retained spring.
It worked great out of the box with MiniMags and Std Velocity ICC.
I recommend you to read the P22 Bible document from member 1917-1911M (Google it, essy to find) and read the P22 section in this forum as well as P22 entries in Rimfire Central.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input. Good to hear your P22 is working great.

I live in Maryland so I have plenty of time to read up on the P22 before I actually get to own it (7 days). I'm on it.

·
Registered
9,906 Posts
Here is a question. Does the California pistol come with the captured spring? I can't seem to keep this straight. CA has different requirements . 1917

·
Registered
22 Posts

Mine was manufactured in 2020 and yes, it has a captured spring.

·
Registered
22 Posts
On the right near the ejector, you will see “DE” which stands for Deutschland. After that, there are 2 letters. It’s a code.
A = 0
B = 1
C = 2. Etc.
So a pistol made in 2020 would say CA for 20, not California lol.
One made before that would start with B or 1. For example , 2015 would be BF for 15

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I should have been more clear. I have not received possession of the gun yet. I ordered it online and will not have it for a few more days. (I own a H & K VP 9 and am familiar with the German codes on the side of it.) I assume it will be a 2020 since it is new. The waiting period is taking forever. Thanks again for your inputs.

·
Registered
9,906 Posts
2019 or 2020 it will be the same pistol. In 2017 the QD model was the latest, same pistol except for the decocking lever....which has been dropped. I have one....not sure I like the decocking feature. Due to the way the rear of the breech block was widened the lever needs to remain in place to stabilize the firing pin....so, to disable it I would need to remove a bit of steel on the front of the lever so that it will no longer engage the firing pin block. As the safety is rotated it pushes the decocking lever forward which causes it to press down on the firing pin block when presses down on the front arm of the sear which then causes the sear to release the hammer. Meanwhile the safety drum has rotated enough to block the full fall of the hammer. Similar to how the PP pistols work.

So, I wouldn't worry if I got a 2020 pistol or 2019 model. Same pistol. 1917

1 - 20 of 40 Posts