Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought it Sat. at a gun show. Paid $279.00. It has an Olive lower. Looks pretty nice. Single action trigger is very nice. I had trouble with disassembly etc. until I figured out the spring guide. I really don't like having to have a tool to reassemble a firearm. Haven't shot it yet. This pistol is going into my BOB as survival gear. It needs to be accurate enough to take small game at say 30 yards. I will post back on how it shoots.

·
Registered
471 Posts
That's a pretty good price. I paid $179.00 for mine...
Naw, just kidding you... You didn't get hurt. I think all of the Walther's will be going up soon, if I could afford to get more, I'd do it in a heart beat. I'd like to have one of those OD bottomed ones to go with my P99. I think it's a rather unique look.
Know what you mean about having to use the tool. I managed to put it back together one time with out it, but it takes some patience and now that I know it CAN be do, I'll not try it again, unless I have to. Heck, it might even be quicker to whittle a tool out...
It will do 30 yards alright. If your going to use it for survival gear, I'd recommend CCI's, or at least a good copper clad bullet..
Report back on it, K?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, i got mine about a week ago, and i have found that you can reassembe the pistol with out that little rod they give you. you just push the spring down onto the guiderod, and put the guied rod through the slide and grab it with your thumb, from there, you hold the guide rod and the slide together and place the slide back onto th frame. works for me, might or you guys.

Sorry the F doesnt work real well on my keyboard.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I finally shot the pistol on April 27. I tried three kinds of ammo: Winchester, Federal (Walmart) and Agulia sub sonic. It really liked the Federal; that's good its cheap. I was able to hit a 4" bull at 25 yds off hand. That is good engough to get a squirrel. I like the way it shoots. Nice trigger. No malfunctions of any kind. Put about 150 through it. Nice pistol. I would do it again.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
If it ever should give you problems ... there is pros over at rimfirecentral and there is a section on AR15.com (handguns-Walther)

I am still thinking of getting a grey one to match my G22 rifle.... they are cool... I seen a few and shot one.....

·
Registered
471 Posts
uncut is correct! There are some things about the P22 every one should know, besides it's an interesting site!
rimfire central

I still like my P22 just fine. In fact, I'd love to get another one some day...

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Mine is sure accurate enough. I've got one of the Limited Edition ones with both barrels. With either barrel I can take small game out the 30 yards.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had too many problems with Federal. The gun likes both the CCI MiniMags and Stingers. No problems with them at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts