Walther Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe the Vega ll holster would be good for my just purchased 2003 model P-99 Walther .40 cal. but from what I hear, cost and delivery time is just too much.
I want a IWB holster and wonder if any of you wear and like the IWB Minotaur MTAC kydex holster with your P-99? That might be my best buy, cost and delivery time considered. How would a leather IWB holster fit and conceal with a P-99? I know some of you can send me in the right direction. Thanks from a newbie.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
2003 P-99 holster

I really would appreciate anyone that actually carries a 2003 P-99 or similar Walther and has use experience to recommend an inside waist band holster. Ive read where the trigger guard causes problems with some holsters. I drove into Brunswick today and went to a gun shop. There they showed me Uncle Mikes cloth holsters and they did not seem right to me. Did I as a newbie do wrong by asking for recommendations you think, or is this just a poor subject? I am appreciative for your help.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I really would appreciate anyone that actually carries a 2003 P-99 or similar Walther and has use experience to recommend an inside waist band holster. Ive read where the trigger guard causes problems with some holsters. I drove into Brunswick today and went to a gun shop. There they showed me Uncle Mikes cloth holsters and they did not seem right to me. Did I as a newbie do wrong by asking for recommendations you think, or is this just a poor subject? I am appreciative for your help.
I have an IWB/OWB holster from Black Hills Leather that works great. I have a FS made in 2003 in 9mm

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have a Fist #1 IWB holster with body shield in thin kydex. It has a metal belt clip & an FBI cant. Works very well. You can also get it W/straight drop if you want to wear it appendix carry. Shipping is appx 2 weeks.

This holster is so thin, it is the same a Mexican carry, but safely. You can use the search above since there is a picture of said holster without the body shield.

[ I think the posters name is PX-15, or laserlips.]:)

PS The same holster is also made in leather, which is very nice but thicker FIST inc.com

Common Sense...The Rarest Of All Sense

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
P-99 Holster

Thanks to all that made suggestions. I really liked the Fist, Inc. holster but I am afraid of a long delivery time there. I also checked out all the other suggestions and on another thread, I picked up that a lot of folks liked the High Noon holsters. I really liked the looks and low price of the High Noon Split Decision Tuckable glove leather holster @ $34.95 plus $7.00 shipping for my Walther P-99 and have ordered it today. They tell me since it is in "stock", delivery will be about two days UPS, so I should be receiving it early next week. Will keep you posted. My thanks again.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
P-99

Well my High Noon tuckable holster arrived very quickly (several days) and looks to be a fine leather holster tho small in size. When I placed my P-99 inside the holster it appeared to be maybe too tight and small. I have forced the leather to accept the majority of the trigger guard desiring the pistol to be seated deeper and now I will let it all hang and stretch together for a while. Maybe then it will do better. For the price of a stocked item I guess I did not do wrong.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
P-99 holster

The High Noon holster I purchased is a nice looking rig but my Walther P-99(which is an older model, maybe 2004) has a larger trigger guard that is causing a problem. The pistol just does not seem to seat deep enough in the holster. Part of the trigger guard remains exposed and it is a small leather holster. I have a Glock 23 that uses a Minataur M-tac holster and it sits well in the holster and rides well on my hip at 4:00 oclock. When comparing the two pistols trigger guard's sizes, I find the Walther P-99 is larger. What holster would be best for this P-99 considering the trigger size guard?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I use a Tucker "The Answer", it's nice but expensive and might be a long wait.

The Milt Sparks Versa Max II is nice as well, but I hear prices have risen considerably for these, and they've always had a long wait.

Most of the good ones I've tried are hard to find in stock. Look at C-TAC and M-TAC (doubt it's available for the P99).

If you need somthing in stock and relatively cheap (ie under $100) I'd look at DeSantis Leather...nice stuff, especially for the money.

If price is no object, Lou Alessi is the best.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
P-99 holster

InfernoMDM: Do you have a model number for the holster you mention or maybe a good description? Also is it a "inside waist band holster" which is what I need. I looked over Blade Tech's web page and cannot locate their inside waist band holsters but great prices. Thanks for your comment.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts