Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a p99c qa after upgrading from a p22 after hitting our range I love it. I plan to use it for defence so the qa and the size was a factor. Reguardless wether or not it was offered in a sa/da having that type would seem less effective in a stressful event due to the long pull. I also purchased a uncle mikes sholder harness sz 15 and it fits great. It has a weaver rail any one know of a good green laser sight that will fit the p99c qa thanks

·
Registered
539 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]that type would seem less effective in a stressful event due to the long pul
Riiiiight, that's why they call it the Anti-Stress trigger. If you think you can not pull an initial AS trigger (long single action) under stress, what makes you think you can pull the QA trigger? I think I could handle a 20 Lb trigger if my life depended on it

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe that came off wrong what I meant to say was for me to carry a pistol any for the fact of the matter I would not carry it in sa since there is a light pull. Having the qa gives me no other choice of how to carry it either its cocked and ready or to have a round chambered and the pin decocked. The heavier pull is no big deal with me but having it on my side with the heavier pull in my opinion would be much safer than having a sa/da in sa.

·
Registered
310 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (wildrooster @ April 30 2005,3:20)]Maybe that came off wrong what I meant to say was for me to carry a pistol any for the fact of the matter I would not carry it in sa since there is a light pull. Having the qa gives me no other choice of how to carry it either its cocked and ready or to have a round chambered and the pin decocked. The heavier pull is no big deal with me but having it on my side with the heavier pull in my opinion would be much safer than having a sa/da in sa.
Do you understand the QA trigger system you bought? The QA trigger pull is 6.5 lbs every time. That's less than the pull on the AS. Even the AS in single action mode is 5 lbs...the same as a Glock. I don't know very many people who advocate carrying the AS in SA mode -- but it is possible and no more dangerous than carrying a Glock with the same trigger weight.

You realize that if you decock the QA, it will not fire, right? (Since you listed carrying chambered and decocked as an option) There is no second-strike capability with a QA. You must manually recock the pistol before you can bring it into action. Decocked, it's nothing more than a paperweight, whereas the AS will fire in DA mode.

Sorry if this is redundant, but your explanation of why you chose the QA over the AS just doesn't seem to make much sense to me. Just want to make sure you understand the hardware you're carrying.

Jim

·
Registered
539 Posts
I don't think anyone carries the AS in SA mode. That's why it's so great that it has a decocker to put it in DA mode. It was one of the reasons I bought the P99 although I see the value of a constant trigger like the QA, Glock or XD as well.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I did not understand how it worked I would not have purchased it. I completly understand how this gun works if I do have it decocked lets say for example I have it in the glove box or at home ontop the book case haveing to rock the slide back that little ammount would not be a problem. If I have it on myself that lighter pull than a dao or the as in da would save a small bit of time I purchased a gun that would fit all of my needs. I am not an expert but before I was to set down 650$ I did my homework. I hope I will never have to use it other than just target shooting.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Glad you're familiar with the QA...I guess I was just confused by your comparisonof the QA and AS actions. Doing your homework is always a good idea...although I'd say $650 for a QA is a bit steep. The harder-to-find AS models are going for about $600...the QA's should be running about $550 at most places. OnPoint is carrying them for $540 right now.

Happy shooting!
Jim

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As for the price it was not a big deal. The local pawn shop is the only place here with in an hours drive that would order it. I made sure it was the full german one and the the s&w I had no problem paying that much as long as I got what I wanted. I am thinking of picking up a ppk shortly they have a few left at right around 300.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
On my last gun I had a red laser sight on the rail I hardly ever had it on because I could not see it in the daytime. I have seen a green laser site once before that you could see in the day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts