Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased my first Walther last sat. After spending Sat. night JB bore compounding the barrel I took it out Sunday morning to sight it in. For $200 I must say its a nice little pistol. I have always been a 1911 shooter. I had to miss feeds during the 50 rounds of CCI mini mag. The only complaint I have is the sights there is a lot of windage gap. My Para has combat style sights and the gap is still smaller. I looked around the major manufactures and could not find aftermarket sights for it. Will, other Walther models fit or do you folks know of some. I would like a solid black rear blade and I am not a real fan of the fiber light sights. Thank you guys and great forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
1st question on the forum and i have stumped the group. I guess I will take my search to the Cross Roads gun show this sat and see what i can find. I am just surprised there are no aftermarket sight options.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I made my own.

I cut a U, wide enough to see the front sight's white dot only, on semi-hard adhesive tape in black matte. These are found in furniture repair (hardware) shops, like BHV in Paris, France.

Simply stuck on the P22's rear sight it works fine, albeit re-sighting may be necessary as the gap is much narrower and the POA/POI differ w/this impromptu RS arrangement.

So, set up as long as the front sight stays on the target all goes well. I noticed a slight improvement in my scores.

Still, the best add-on (w/out a Red Dot or Scope), using the P22 w/ open sights is the Tac-Mount. It helps me get better scores by just putting it on. It seems to help me align the open sights better, somehow. Maybe the added weight helps, too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ive been kicking around the tach mount with a red dot now. looked at a couple at the cross roads gun show. They seemed to be either really cheap with a rather fuzzy dot or real expensive with a crisp dot. I guess it shows you get what you pay for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts