Walther Forums banner

New owner with cleaning suggestion for titanium coated P99

914 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  searcher451 
#1 ·
The gun was on cosignment so I'll have to wait a few weeks before I can begin DROS and then wait another 10 days before pickup. Yes I am in CA. The P99 was on cosignment for $400 so I jumped on it. I passed on the last one and regretted it and either way this one was cheaper. The titanium slide had some specks on it andI figured I could clean it off but I'm not sure how and even if it will come off. Might be some spots left by rust? I didn't feel any pitting when checking it over.

So... any suggestions on cleaning the slide? I tried searching but couldn't really find anything.

The P99 was the first gun I ever wanted as a child before I knew anything about guns or even knew how to buy them but I never got around to it until now.

#8 ·
How can I edit my post?
You must be a Supporting Member to edit your posts. The cost is $10. Click on the User CP and scroll down to the bottom-left column. You can make your payment through PayPal, or you can send a check to:

Walther Forums
c/o NJCSD
PO Box 1412
Washington Township,
New Jersey 07676

Membership has its advantages beyond the ability to edit your posts, including access to an entire section of additional topics to browse through and post in ... and having your name in the hat for a future drawing of gun-related goodies.

:)

#4 ·
It has the AS trigger. Found it at the local Turners in Fountain Valley. Of course with tax and DROS the price goes up but I felt the need to buy something and why not a gun I've been wanting for a long time.

I actually passed on a P990 that they had last time for $450. Think it was one of those commemorative editions for the year 2000 or something but I didn't want it in that caliber or the DAO trigger.

I'll try the product you recommended and if its a no go, I think I will have the slide hard chromed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.