Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
  Thanks to my backpay check (finally back in contract at work now) I finally committed and will soon be the proud new owner of a p99. Just a few quick questions
   1. Holster Choices.. I know everyone has diffrent ideas on what they like.. but has anyone tried any of the High Noon Holster IWB.. I am looking at the "Tailgunner" or the "Down Under"
   2. Cleaning.. I have owned/used many rifles and shotguns in the past.. I am sure I won't have too much problems cleaning but is there anything I should know.. Espically for a polimer frame pistol? (ie what not to use, what might damage the finish)
   3. Sleep Deprevation.. Is it normal to be this excited about a gun... I have the jitters and can't sleep.. Can't wait to get it to the range

SpamDog

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hi SpamDog,
1) I don't have any experience with leather holsters. I prefer the Kydex and other plastic holsters. I use a Comp-Tac CTAC and I love it!

2) The polymer frame seems very stout to me. I wouldn't worry about damaging it with any of the normal gun cleaners. I take down and scrub everything I can after every range trip with CLP. After I do that, I apply Tetra grease to the slide rails and contact points on the frame. As for the exterior finish I wipe it down with CLP after I'm done carrying for the day. I like it to have that nice sheen all the time
I'm obsessed with the thing.

3) Its perfectly normal to get the jitters! I had ordered my 9mm P99 from a gunshop in my hometown a few weeks before I turned 21. The day that I was to go home for fall break was the exact day I turned 21. So I was excited about fall break, excited about turning 21, and excited about getting a P99

What kind of P99 are you going to get?

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I personally like Milt Sparks holsters.

And yes it is perfectly natural to get excited about a pistol. I had waited a long time to get a P99 and had to order it from 2000 miles away. I was shaking with excitement when it came in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts