Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9,438 Posts
Sorry to hear oddern...this pistol has a very long history of problems and I expect Members here might be getting a bit tired of discussing them. I know I am. I would call Ft. Smith this morning. They will e-mail you a shipping label, box the pistol up unloaded and send it back. They will cover everything on their dime. There is more that one Member here who is of the opinion that when you receive it back....assume the pistol is 100%, do not fire it then sell or trade it. Many of these have never risen to the reliability that a Conceal Carry Pistol requires. The best new Walters for self defense are the PPQ, P99 and PPS models. 1917

·
Registered
616 Posts
In your rightmost picture looks like that is an M1 CCP slide converted to an M2. Looking at the slide from the right there is still the small roll pin hole to the rear of the slide below the rear sight. It even has some sort of roll pin installed to plug the hole. This roll pin was used on the M1 with the original locking catch mechanism but has no purpose on the M2. My M2 slide does not have this roll pin hole.

Here is a picture of my M2 slide:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, aint that some ****... thanks for the info and advice... ive always been a revolver guy and my gut said, keep it simple stupid... so, if this is found to be true about the slide, does walther have the responsibility to replace the firearm with exactly what i assumed i was purchasing in good faith? or do i lose money selling it or trading it in while knowing someone else out there owns this expensive paperweight? basically passing the buck of bad luck. i cant do that...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Oddern, you bought that CCP M2 in good faith. I’d be taking it back to the store I purchased it from and making them pony up the right pistol! Walther may not even know about something like this.

·
Registered
104 Posts
OMG-The hits just keep coming. Umarex should do a Chicago buy back and melt them all down and outlaw the use of CCP in firearm terminology. Quick

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had contacted Walther after the M2 was released and asked about a conversion or upgrade of the original CCP for those of us who just bought one this year. They said they would be offering some type of service to convert or upgrade near the end if the year.

It looks like we now know what to expect.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
327 Posts
I wonder if this is some experimental converting going on, or just a case of cutting corners. I have Hope's of a future conversion, but if this the result, I don't want it. A buyback program may be the better alternative.

·
Registered
211 Posts
It doesn't matter if it is a first gen slide with a shorter roll pin in the rear hole or its a M2 slide with no hole, the slides are exactly the same except for the roll pin, there has Never been an issue with the slide anyway, except for the drop safety, which was fixed early on, so I have no idea why anyone would have issue with the time frame that the slide was manufactured, they are the same. People put new parts on old guns and vise versa, the slide was not what all the fuss was about on the CCP GEN 1. It was the tool takedown, trigger grittiness, long trigger pull and long reset, and honestly, coming from someone who carries the CCP from sun up to sun down everyday, I want that trigger just the way it is, I do not want a hair trigger. Lets face it, a very very small percentage of us, will ever be in a firefight, and God forbid if we are.....it will be over in 10 seconds and probably 3 or 4 shots. The use of deadly force is a very fine line, and you wont be using it, shooting 200 rounds at a non moving target from 20 yrds away, it will happen (if at all), up close and over in a blink of an eye.
I say good day.😉😉😉🤗🤗🤗

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine took 26 rounds. The spring cap was chewed to pieces and the spring bent when I took the gun apart. Sent me a new spring and cap. Installed and found just by working the slide the cap started coming apart again. Noticed the cocking indicator is looks chewed on and appears to have caused the damage to the spring cap. Now I am waiting for a new striker assembly.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It doesn't matter if it is a first gen slide with a shorter roll pin in the rear hole or its a M2 slide with no hole, the slides are exactly the same except for the roll pin, there has Never been an issue with the slide anyway, except for the drop safety, which was fixed early on, so I have no idea why anyone would have issue with the time frame that the slide was manufactured, they are the same. People put new parts on old guns and vise versa, the slide was not what all the fuss was about on the CCP GEN 1. It was the tool takedown, trigger grittiness, long trigger pull and long reset, and honestly, coming from someone who carries the CCP from sun up to sun down everyday, I want that trigger just the way it is, I do not want a hair trigger. Lets face it, a very very small percentage of us, will ever be in a firefight, and God forbid if we are.....it will be over in 10 seconds and probably 3 or 4 shots. The use of deadly force is a very fine line, and you wont be using it, shooting 200 rounds at a non moving target from 20 yrds away, it will happen (if at all), up close and over in a blink of an eye.
I say good day.😉😉😉🤗🤗🤗

Amen, Brother. I cringe every time I hear complaints of 'long/heavy trigger pull, long reset, break point...etc on a carry gun. I have been involved in shootings and I can attest that the trigger pull specifics will not be remembered. At all.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts