Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening. In 2018 I bought a brand new second hand PPQ Classic.

An explanation about gun laws in my beloved country : after you bought a firearm you have to hand in an application with proper motivation about why you need it, prove that you can use a firearm etc. at your nearest police station. If your lawyer is quick and your licence approved and actually printed, you can pick your firearm up around 6 months after you bought. If your licence isn't approved, well...

Back to my PPQ; the gun store originally sold it in 2011 from my understanding. When it wasn't picked up after 7 years they found out the owner unfortunately passed away before he could hand in his application. Lucky for me, as I got it for just more than half price of what the M2 is currently going for.

Question : anything I should look out for that might show early problems because of the period on the shelf?

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
8,636 Posts
Welcome to the Forums!
If it was properly stored there should be no issues. Just check for any surface rust. Walther uses quality ammo while test firing so there shouldn't be issues from that.

You may want to give your weapon a cleaning and lube it before you take it to the range. Don't forget the mags to (inside the mag wells and the springs too taking care the springs are properly oriented to the follower).

Past that just enjoy your weapon.

·
Premium Member
8,636 Posts
Why not give us a range report after a few hundred rounds...BTW a great way to start out a PPQ 9mm is with 124 FMJ ammo.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Hey man....I have been to your great country a few times! Love visiting.

As to the gun.../just make sure there are no signs of corrosion or rust and that the recoil spring is tight.

BTW. What does one cost in SA?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey man....I have been to your great country a few times! Love visiting.

As to the gun.../just make sure there are no signs of corrosion or rust and that the recoil spring is tight.

BTW. What does one cost in SA?
Thank you!

They are scarce over here, right now the gun shop that is the main importer from the USA is out of stock. Previous stock going price was R16,000 for the M2 Q4 which is roughly $1,070.

A couple of months ago they were under the impression the M1 will not be made again, and that getting extra magazines would be a mission...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts