Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning Gentlemen, I need some help..I have recently taken in a German walther PPK that was unfortunately nickel plated. The problem is the Decocker does not function. What I have is a number three electro penciled on the decocker. I have made two different pieces to no avail. (I am a part time gunsmith..full machine shop on premise) but am having a hard time figuring out the fitting geometry. does anybody have a procedure for fitting the decocker.? I want to give this miserable little pistol back to the customer in safe working condition but I can,t find a listing of the 9 different sizes and which way the angle changes. Can anyone help?

Thanks Mike

·
Registered
9,927 Posts
Just making a guess here but it seems the chart shows a 4 millimeter difference between the de-cocking levers or about 0.016" total. Underground, are you saying the de-cocking lever does not drop the hammer at any point? I would look at the part for witness marks, fully understand how the lever is engaged and by what part. Look to see if there is any unusual wear. I don't have a pistol handy to look at this in closer detail. Mike at M&MGunsmiths in Alabama might be able to offer some advice. 1917

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
0,4mm instead of 4mm... ;)

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Let's try to explain. Hope you'll understand, I'm German...

To reference to the drawing => Part 37 (cocking piece) will be dropped by part 31 (decocker), if part 6 (safety lever) moved in save direction. Angle is rel. unimportant, it must decock at the first point of angular change on part 31 (where the 'x' dimension is marked).

·
Registered
9,927 Posts
Is that a common way to type 0,4mm. Around this neck of the woods we use a period.... like 0.4mm. But around this neck of the woods we don't use mm as often as inches. Perhaps that is wrong and the correct way is 0,4mm. Does anyone know where on the lever the change in dimension occurs? Height, width at the top slant, both??? It seems the #3 is already at the taller/thicker end of the scale. If this is correct and lever isn't being engaged something must be worn or installed improperly. 1917

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Yes, we normally use a comma, not a point. But .4mm is correct as well...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts