Walther Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The PPS is kinda big for what it is never thought I would say that! I agree, they should bring all their mad skills and magic for a totally new design in a micro compact. They should also offer a true safe pocket gun in maybe .32 with 10 rounds.
They'd have to build guns like those in the US. They need to expand their production capabilities in Fort Smith.

·
Registered
11 Posts
They just need to redesign the frame and make new magazine. Then put it in the market so we can upgrade our PPS M2. I disassembled mine and amazed that the serialized part is the metal insert/rail (don't know the name of the part). Jjst saying, I know it will not happen.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
106 Posts
They just need to redesign the frame and make new magazine. Then put it in the market so we can upgrade our PPS M2. I disassembled mine and amazed that the serialized part is the metal insert/rail (don't know the name of the part). Jjst saying, I know it will not happen.
This. A PPS redesign with a similar size frame and 10 rounds flush fit is pretty much exactly what I'm looking for! (A paddle mag release and an AS-style trigger system with decocker would be perfect, but that's not going to happen either)

·
Registered
221 Posts
I’ve never been interested in the Shield since it was so similar to my PPS M2 which is s still in my carry rotation. The Shield plus does look interesting now without the hinged trigger and the extra capacity. The barely wider grip is a non issue as I have a rubber grip sleeve on my PPS. Apparently they thinner the grip walls to make the extra room. If Walther followed suit I’d pick one up in a heartbeat as I still shoot my PPS more accurately then my P365 or P365xl...🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I’ve never been interested in the Shield since it was so similar to my PPS M2 which is s still in my carry rotation. The Shield plus does look interesting now without the hinged trigger and the extra capacity. The barely wider grip is a non issue as I have a rubber grip sleeve on my PPS. Apparently they thinner the grip walls to make the extra room. If Walther followed suit I’d pick one up in a heartbeat as I still shoot my PPS more accurately then my P365 or P365xl...🤷🏻‍♂️
After shooting the new Shield Plus, I still prefer my PPS. I just shoot the PPS better and enjoy the experience more.

Obviously, many people like the Shield. Smith has sold a lot of them. For me though, the ergonomics and shootability of the PPS is better.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts