Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like many here, I have been waiting with baited breath for Walther to release the "new" PPK. I've even participated in a couple threads and took particular note of the extremely long beavertail tang on the top-back of the lower frame.

I guess I haven't been phing attention close enough, because I was thimbing through an old GUNS magazine (January 2011 to be exact), and saw a full-page add for Walther. I was taken aback, because the same, long-beavertail pistol was in that ad, which seems to be in all the marketing material down to today...

Is there only one prototype "modern" PPK, and why are we still waiting 8+ years later?!?

·
Registered
63 Posts
That’s the S&W version (logo on the bottom of the page). They added the beaver tail. The “new” vaporware FT Smith version appears to also have the beaver tail.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I got tired of waiting so I bought an older S&W version at a local gun show. It had to go back to Walther a couple of times for maintenance and now is a great shooter. When the new ones come out I may look at the PPK/S version for the longer grip. The tang length doesn’t bother me at all.

·
Super Moderator
7,308 Posts
As we did with the PPK/s, we've become accustomed to the appearance of the Smith & Walther.
Moon

Reactions: MMA10mm
1 - 6 of 6 Posts