Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not new to PPK/S, but new to the new version 22LR. Shoots like a dream, except for 6 - 8 inches left at 10 yards. It ain't me, I'm better than that. Before I go unscrewing things, just want to know if the rear sight is adjustable or do I need to buy some aftermarket thing? Or am I stuck?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Not doubting your technique, but shooting left is often a related to trigger finger positioning. On small pistols, it sometimes pays off to first adjust how much finger pad you have on the trigger before adjusting sights. Especially if your rear sight is centered.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not doubting your technique, but shooting left is often a related to trigger finger positioning. On small pistols, it sometimes pays off to first adjust how much finger pad you have on the trigger before adjusting sights. Especially if your rear sight is centered.

The sight is factory centered. It was so far off target that I bench rested it and got the same result. I thought what you mentioned about trigger control at first, so no problem on the advice.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Isn't the rear sight dovetailed in place ? You should be able to drift it with a hammer and brass punch.

Yep, just a small set screw holding it in place. It is finger adjustable as I found out just a little bit ago. No need for a hammer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Took it to the range this morning. Drifted the sight to the right, about half way over the edge of the slide. Shot right this time. Put it back to center and shooting right on now. No way to figure this out, but it is centered and shooting center. I'll take it. Now to get the correct front sight on there as it is shooting about 2 - 3 inches high.

·
Super Moderator
7,363 Posts
I'm going to vote with DE', technique thing. Glocks have a rep for shooting left; buddy put 5 shots into less than a quarter at 21'; 4" to the left. All trigger.
Long as you're fixed, no harm, no foul.
Moon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts