Walther Forums banner

41 - 60 of 4467 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello everyone, I am new here. I found this forum by accident when searching for information about Walther pistols. I have been working in law enforcement for the past 20 years, and have used only Walther products, which are perfect for my needs, and utterly reliable. I own P5s and P5 Compacts, as well as many Interarms PPKs and PPK/Ss, yet I am especially interested in some of the older Walthers.

I look forward to meeting you all. :)

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Hi, Abso, and welcome to the forum. It's a lucky man who owns boths P5s and P5Cs; you were wise to grab them when you did. Even finding available P5Cs any more is a good trick, let along finding one that can be obtained at a decent price.

A man who is interested in the early Walthers should know about the P.38 Forum, which specializes in the P.38 and its variants and also in the PP and PPKs. It's a great place to visit for Walther information as well.

Nice to have you on board.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Pocono Mountains Pa

Hello from the Pocono Mountains Pa. I have beena member for a while so I could ask questions etc. However I am the proud owner of an Interarms Walther PPK

East Stroudsburg Pa

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Congrats on the purchase of your new PPK, wsearfoss, and welcome to the forum. No question that you have selected a fine gun; the Interarms folks did a nice job when they had the Walther license to produce the PPK. Many (most all?) Walther fans in the USA believe that the Interarms gun is far superior to the ones currently produced by S&W.

If you have the capability, be sure to post a picture. We all like to see pictures.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Hi, thanis, and welcome to the forum. Be sure to bring your wife along as well. The P99C is a terrific firearm, with many fans here to share what they've learned about their guns through the years.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone Jim from Long island N.Y. Have a Mint interarms ppks for about 10 years. Great little firearm but it getting harder to find gun ranges to shoot at, because of NYC laws. Oh well sign of the times

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Hi, Welder, and welcome to the forum.

You are right: Those Interarms PPKs are gems and a lot of fun to shoot. A stainless model, no doubt. Sorry to hear about your difficulty in finding a shooting range. You should move to Oregon -- lots of wide-open spaces out here, and the laws are exactly as they should be.

It's nice to have on board, in any event.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi,

Tedspread signing in from Norway. I'm the happy owner of a P88 Compact, with matching .22 LR P88 Sports slide and 22LR TPH.

I stumbled on to your neck of the woods looking for info on the P88 and magazines for this gun.

Latest Walther project is getting a longer barrel for my P88 C so that I may attach a silencer on it...

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Nice to have you on board, Ted from Norway. Whereabouts in Norway? My wife and I entertained an exchange student from Norway for 11 months years ago and have stayed in touch with him. He's gone on to great things, working as a peacekeeper for the United Nations and traveling the globe to various hot spots. We've always wanted to visit, and it remains on our list of places to go, but they don't play a lot of golf there, we're told.

Be sure to check out the Sticky notice under the P99 sub-section, titled Great Sites for Walther Lovers; you should be able to find some materials there that will help you in your quest for a longer barrel for your P88C. Great gun, by the way.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
That's good to hear, Hogdaddy. Hope you have it for a good long time to come. If you get the chance and have the capability, please post a photo of your clone PPK; I'm sure that we'd all love to get a good look at it. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have become an ardent fan of the Walther p99 with the silver slide ever since I watched Underworld Evolution. Since then I have read up on Walther and have been even more impressed. Once I get some money together I want to buy myself one. I am a college student, so money is tight, now.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have become an ardent fan of the Walther p99 with the silver slide ever since I watched Underworld Evolution. Since then I have read up on Walther and have been even more impressed. Once I get some money together I want to buy myself one. I am a college student, so money is tight, now.
welcome aboard, Underworld was a bit of an influence on me getting one too :p only I went with the black on black :p

best of luck on getting your own P99 you won't regret getting it :p

·
Registered
16 Posts
I realize that the P99 with the Titanium slide is no longer in production, so do you think I would have an easier time trying to find one online or through a dealer?

·
Registered
171 Posts
I realize that the P99 with the Titanium slide is no longer in production, so do you think I would have an easier time trying to find one online or through a dealer?
probably easier online, but will most likely be hard to find anywhere. A few of them pop up every now and then on this sites trading post.

if anything I'm sure you could get the regualr black on black and get it hard chromed to have the look

·
Registered
1 Posts
new here...

Hello

I am new here, because I am a Walther-lover from Switzerland, the history of this brand and the people behind it, is very interesting for me.

I am also a knife-collector, member of the Usual Suspect Network and other forums, and I am interested in fine watches too.

I am happy to be now here too :)

41 - 60 of 4467 Posts