Walther Forums banner

4521 - 4540 of 4568 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,937 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy the experience.

As we cannot have the Expert trigger here in the USA, many of us would enjoy hearing about your experiences with it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
According to the specs the trigger pull is only 20 Newton (4.5 pounds according to google), and it is indeed quite light. The reset is minimal, so you can do rapid fire easily. I accidentally fired a second shot once, just because I moved my trigger finger a tiny bit... Since I was still/already aiming down range for my next shot, no problem. But I was surprised. ;) I was not used to such a delicate trigger from my PPQ M2.

Didn't adjust anything up to now, want to get used to the Q5 first.

·
Premium Member
1,937 Posts
According to the specs the trigger pull is only 20 Newton (4.5 pounds according to google), and it is indeed quite light. The reset is minimal, so you can do rapid fire easily. I accidentally fired a second shot once, just because I moved my trigger finger a tiny bit... Since I was still/already aiming down range for my next shot, no problem. But I was surprised. ;) I was not used to such a delicate trigger from my PPQ M2.

Didn't adjust anything up to now, want to get used to the Q5 first.
You are now driving a sports car as opposed to a family sedan.

It will take some practice to get the most out of it.

Congratulations again on a very fine pistol.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I know. :) It also costs sports car money, about 5x as much as my 22LR (which I bought 2nd hand)... Gun proces in Europe are much higher than in the US.

·
Premium Member
1,937 Posts
I know. :) It also costs sports car money, about 5x as much as my 22LR (which I bought 2nd hand)... Gun proces in Europe are much higher than in the US.
What is the 9mm ammunition situation on Europe now? Can you easily purchase 9mm ammo? Is it available?

·
Registered
15 Posts
9mm is no problem to get, but we only have a couple of gunshops in the Netherlands. I leave nearest to the largest shop (and it is small compared to the gun shops in the States), where I can buy 9mm easily. After I know which brand I would like (bought a couple of boxes of mixed brands to test) I will get 1000 rounds of my favorit ammo (cheaper in bulk).

Since we only have sport shooters here, we also have no shortage of amo. No self defense hoarders here... Even if I would be attacked, I am not allowed to use my guns for self defense. If I would, my license would get revoked permanently...

·
Premium Member
1,937 Posts
9mm is no problem to get, but we only have a couple of gunshops in the Netherlands. I leave nearest to the largest shop (and it is small compared to the gun shops in the States), where I can buy 9mm easily. After I know which brand I would like (bought a couple of boxes of mixed brands to test) I will get 1000 rounds of my favorit ammo (cheaper in bulk).

Since we only have sport shooters here, we also have no shortage of amo. No self defense hoarders here... Even if I would be attacked, I am not allowed to use my guns for self defense. If I would, my license would get revoked permanently...
Thanks for the response. Good to hear you can get ammo.

Regarding self-defense, if someone broke into your house with an axe, you would not be able to legally defend yourself?

Not criticizing. I am just surprised.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Only the police and military have the right to apply lethal force, civilians do not. Even if someone is forcing my front door open, holding a gun, I am not allowed to use my own gun. To make it less likely to use your own gun, you need to keep your guns and ammo in a safe. Ammo and guns need separate locked compartments. So even if I would want to use my guns, I would need to open my safe, get my gun, open the ammo compartment with a separate key, load the magazine (in which case I would take my 22LR, much easier to load...) and after spending a minute or 5, I would have a usable gun. The police then reasons I could also called 112 (our 911) and have cops on scene, so I shouldn't have bothered...

In fact, I would probably get a higher sentence in court if I killed someone with my legal gun, than someone with an illegal gun. Since I have a license, I should know better...

Well, it is a sport for me, and we have so little armed crime in the Netherlands (I think the Bronx alone would have more and the Netherlands is way larger than that). And most gun crimes are in our 2 largest cities (Amsterdam and Rotterdam), I live way up north (an hours drive, which is half the country here ;) ) where gun crime is almost non existent. So no need to have a gun for self defense.

Hmmm... we are hijacking this thread really good... We might better open a separate thread about guns and gun laws in the Netherlands. :) I will start one, so I can introduce the 3-phase system. You will be startled, I kid you not. ;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi Gang,... brand new here as well. Looks like an interesting place to hang out. I suppose Ill start like most....Also brand new to PPs and would like to determine manufacture time of my two Walthers... Can someone point me in the right direction and I promise to get lost all on my own..... thanks! Looking forward to meeting youse guys...

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
New the forum, Howdy!

I've had a Q5 Match for a couple of years to try out running a dot (RMR). Just picked up a new PPQ M2 4" for EDC and looking around for a PPS.

Previously life long 1911 fan.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. Longtime 1911 and Walther man here, too. 4" PPQ is a fine pistol so congratulations. PPS is on my to-get list, too, but this little thing called "the wife" says uuuhhh...no. Still working on that. Welcome and jump right in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone,

First time gun owner here. Recently purchased a P5. Thanks to Walther Forums for providing the info I needed to decide this was the one for me. I just got the all clear from the local gunsmith (said it was in practically new condition) that its safe to fire, so will be heading out to the range this weekend.
Looking forward to getting better acquainted with my new friend, and getting some more education about my P5 from the experienced owners at Walther Forums.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am new to this site and would like to say hello to everyone. Having had BB guns in the 1970's in my young years I didn't really get into firearm's as a hobby until 7 years ago at age 48 when I obtained my FOID (Gotta love good old Illinois politics) card and purchased my first pistol, a Walther PPK/S. Since then, I have been in full collector mode with a passion for vintage firearms mainly Walthers. My other hobbies are classic cars and watches which are equally wallet draining lol.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thought I'd drop a note here to say hello, and thanks in advance for info I'm sure I'll find here. Recently picked up a PPS M2 LE in 9mm that I'm sure I'll enjoy. Grew up hunting, etc but haven't shot much in years. Looking forward to getting back into shooting again. Other hobbies include motorcycle riding (covered 45 states so far), flyfishing, and running - although that one is slowing down as I drift through my old codger years :)

·
Premium Member
1,937 Posts
Thought I'd drop a note here to say hello, and thanks in advance for info I'm sure I'll find here. Recently picked up a PPS M2 LE in 9mm that I'm sure I'll enjoy. Grew up hunting, etc but haven't shot much in years. Looking forward to getting back into shooting again. Other hobbies include motorcycle riding (covered 45 states so far), flyfishing, and running - although that one is slowing down as I drift through my old codger years :)
Welcome to the forum Ron. The PPS M2 is a new pistol. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

4521 - 4540 of 4568 Posts