Walther Forums banner

4481 - 4499 of 4499 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,678 Posts
Thank you, it was time to retire my old, trusted and loved concealment carry (Colt Mustang Plus 2) it shoots great, but I needed to upgrade after nearly 26 years.
I had one of the original Colt Mustangs. It was a good gun. I sold it in a fit of temporary insanity and have regretted it ever since. Lol

The PPS is a very practical firearm though and you should be well served.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had one of the original Colt Mustangs. It was a good gun. I sold it in a fit of temporary insanity and have regretted it ever since. Lol

The PPS is a very practical firearm though and you should be well served.
The PPS M2 is a shooter. I possibly could feel over confident with this pistol.. At 7 yards it is a tack driver for me. This is 8 rounds...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I'm new to this but I'm looking to get some info on a TP Cal.-22L.R. Ulm/Do. That have acquired. If anyone could help me I would thankful!

·
Premium Member
1,678 Posts
Welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay. If there is anything specific you are hoping to get out of this, let us know.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey folks,
I'm new to the forum. Recently picked up a new PPKS chambered in .22LR, and a pre-1945 -- so far as I know pre-Nazi era; there are no Nazi markings -- PPK chambered in .32 ACP. Happy to be here!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good morning!
Just a quick introduction. I'm originally from a small college town in Oklahoma. Came to Texas for my college work and have stayed. Been in the Fort Worth area since 1980. I'm in the market for my first hand gun and yesterday settled on the PPQ Q4 TAC M2 after finally finding one to verify the grip was comfortable for me. Fits like a custom made glove. Reviews for this gun are amazing as well. This will be for sport shooting as well as personal home defense.
I'm sure I'll have specific questions later on for all of you. I look forward to learning from your expertise!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Greetings, and welcome to the Walther Forums.

Please take the time to browse around a bit and become familiar with the place; we hope that you'll spend some quality time with us. Be sure to visit the FAQ section (second from the left on the Blue Bar, where you also will find the Members List, the site's Search function, etc.). And holler if you have questions; you'll find the members here to be friendly and helpful.

In the meantime, take the time to introduce yourself here.
Greetings, and welcome to the Walther Forums.

Please take the time to browse around a bit and become familiar with the place; we hope that you'll spend some quality time with us. Be sure to visit the FAQ section (second from the left on the Blue Bar, where you also will find the Members List, the site's Search function, etc.). And holler if you have questions; you'll find the members here to be friendly and helpful.

In the meantime, take the time to introduce yourself here.
Hello all from Kentucky, I am a new owner of a PPQ M2 but am familiar with Walthers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello! My first Walther pistol. A PPQ Q4 TAC. I do have a few question.

1) About the mags. Can I leave them topped up for extended period? Or, is this bad for the mag spring? Wondering about my Glock mags as well. Does it hurt the mag springs?? How often should I rotate fully loaded mags?
2) Is it normal for there to be some left or right play between the slide and the frame?? Mine has some slight play. Unsure if this is normal or not. My Glock 19 is tighter, in that regard, and is also a polymer gun, obviously.
3) I LOVE the trigger on this gun!!! Wish my Glock had a trigger like this!!

Thanks! Hobbies: motorcyclist, VFR helicopter pilot, hang glider, single engine VFR airplane pilot, SHOOTING GUNS!! Not so much now with the ammo shortage! Glad I stocked up last year! But only about 600 rounds of 9mm defensive rounds. Shoulda bought MORE!! Only got a 20 round box of Sierra JHP 9mm. with my purchase. Shelves EMPTY here! Was going to buy a new 45 cal. 1911, but no ammo, decided not to.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey ya'll. First time gun owner here.

I use to be in the military and so I had prior shooting training with weapons such as the M16, M4, M9, M60, M203 Grenade Launcher (which was simply attached to the M16) as well as a 50 Cal Desert Eagle that belonged to one of my former military friends. All that was a long time ago however. Recently, I had gone shooting with a friend who picked up a Smith and Wesson 6 shooter revolver and I was hooked again.

After doing some research for about a month, I decided to go finally with the Walther PPQ. At first I thought of going with the 9mm but then I quickly shifted to the .45 ACP. After checking various websites (many which were always sold out), I checked one morning from the few sites I would regularly check and got lucky to see that they had the .45 in stock. I didn't even hesitate and I purchased it and just picked up from the gun store which handled the transfer request.

I wasn't able to go shooting right away however due to other commitments but I am going to break it in this coming weekend. Very excited to own a Walther and glad to find this online community. Hopefully I'll see some of you around. Mainly, I'll be lurking and just reading what a lot of you who are knowledgeable and have a lot of experience with these weapons have to say.

Cheers everyone.
Foo~

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello! My first Walther pistol. A PPQ Q4 TAC. I do have a few question.

1) About the mags. Can I leave them topped up for extended period? Or, is this bad for the mag spring? Wondering about my Glock mags as well. Does it hurt the mag springs?? How often should I rotate fully loaded mags?
No, it doesn't hurt the springs.
2) Is it normal for there to be some left or right play between the slide and the frame?? Mine has some slight play. Unsure if this is normal or not. My Glock 19 is tighter, in that regard, and is also a polymer gun, obviously.
Yes that's normal.
3) I LOVE the trigger on this gun!!! Wish my Glock had a trigger like this!!
It's the best trigger of any striker-fired pistol. Walther is my favorite polymer pistol.

Thanks! Hobbies: motorcyclist, VFR helicopter pilot, hang glider, single engine VFR airplane pilot, SHOOTING GUNS!! Not so much now with the ammo shortage! Glad I stocked up last year! But only about 600 rounds of 9mm defensive rounds. Shoulda bought MORE!! Only got a 20 round box of Sierra JHP 9mm. with my purchase. Shelves EMPTY here! Was going to buy a new 45 cal. 1911, but no ammo, decided not to.
Check WikiArms every day, several times a day if you can. if you see a deal, buy it, because it won't be there later.

4481 - 4499 of 4499 Posts