Walther Forums banner

4461 - 4472 of 4472 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just picked up my first Walther - a barely-used P99. Took it to the range yesterday. It is a fun gun.

I grew up on a farm with guns. I never really gave them a second thought because they were so commonplace - like anything else we used from a flashlight to an oil-filter wrench. Lately, I've developed an appreciation for well-made firearms that are not priced out of my reach.

I signed up here to help this website have content. It seems that many have taken their questions and perspectives to Social Media. I don't have a problem with Social Media, but I want to support a wider variety of places online - like this one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All my name is Mike and I'm from New Jersey. A few weeks ago I just got a Walther PPQ M2 5" 9mm/10 + 1(That's all they'll allow in Jersey). I also got a Streamlight TLR4 and attached it to the gun. I originally went to the Gun Store looking to buy a 9MM SW M&P Shield. When I tried it in my hands I didn't like the feel of it. The guy showed me some other Guns like the FNs, Sig Sauers, and a few other SWs. For one reason or another with each handgun I didn't like something. Then the guy showed me the PPQ M2 and I immediately thought to myself this is it. Everything to me felt right about the gun. I liked how it felt in my hand and everything else about it. While the gun range they had at the gun store and all in NJ are closed I can't not go shooting with it yet which disappoints me. I'm glad to join the Forum and looking forward to discuss Walthers. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello from sunny, whacky Florida, USA! I am another PPK fan from childhood & Bond, but I never thought I would end up with such a nice firearm for such an affordable price -- I wound up buying a model 1 CCP when stores were closing them out to make way for the CCP M2. I can't afford to drop a lot of money on anything right now, but I feel like I got a $600 or $700 gun and I got it for half that. This thing gets called "the sniper conceal carry pistol" and I can see why.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to this forum but a 40 year + owner of a PPK/S and more recently a P99 AS

Looking forward to lean more about the latest models

·
Registered
12 Posts
Howdy from Texas. New Walther owner. Just picked a CCP M2 in 380. Only a couple hundred rounds but sure do like it. Looks to be a great EDC for the wife, or me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello All! Born & raised North Carolinian here and new to the forum. Just picked up my first Walther and got the Q4 SF. All I can say is WOW!!! Had my eyes and mind set on the
PPQ M2 until I held the Q4. My mind changed instantly and so did the bank account but not one regret and with a little stimulus money help I can not complain. With the craziness in this world today I believe my stimulus went to good use. Have only put 200 rounds through it so far and very impressed with everything. Have never been a Glock fan but I can for sure say I am on the Walther train and will be picking up a few more down the road. Glad to be part of a very informative forum and time to do some reading.🤓

·
Registered
4 Posts
Brand new shooter from Texas. Started with a HK VP9, but recently bought a PPQ M2 Navy. Just starting process to get my LTC. I should’ve got into this years ago. Can’t wait to start learning more!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Greetings from NE Indiana

Great to be here.New(er) Walther owner and couldn't be happier. Much to learn. So far I've acquired two P99s, a PPQ, and a PPQsc. Love them all.

Regards,

Brian

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey what’s up guys! Recently picked up my first handgun (but not my first gun) and ended up getting the Walther ppq m2 .45 and I absolutely love it! Tons of info on here so figured I should go ahead and join.

·
Premium Member
8,546 Posts
Welcome to the Forums. The Q45 is a fine weapon. It is accurate, reliable and an extremely soft shooting 45. It quickly became my EDC and I trust it completely. If you take care of it you will too.

That looks like a short spine sea urchin, do you dive?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome to the Forums. The Q45 is a fine weapon. It is accurate, reliable and an extremely soft shooting 45. It quickly became my EDC and I trust it completely. If you take care of it you will too.

That looks like a short spine sea urchin, do you dive?
It is an urchin, haven’t gotten around to changing my default google pic lol.
I do not dive, and actually am quite terrified of the ocean haha. This is an animal I have in my reef tank, also have a few various acropora, some hammers, a palyozoa, mushrooms, anemone, and some random cuc critters and a couple fish. Unfortunately this particular specimen was wild caught, i rescued him from a neighbors failed reef tank attempt and he can not go back. He has a good life here atleast. Everything else I keep is captive bred.
We got tons of reptiles too, mostly snakes.

I’ll agree the q45 is super smooth, I was surprised when I fired it. Had it for a short time, took a class, applied for my chp, and doing tons of dry drills to make sure I’m able to edc this confidently. I’ve owned other firearms but this was my first handgun purchase, and I couldn’t be happier. Looking at getting the ppq m2 9mm as my next purchase.
Now I gotta get over my new love and send the slide in for some milling.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello All!
Great to be here with all you Walther fans!
Always went with Colt, S&W & Ruger in the past,
but recently discovered Walther. Up to 4 Walthers
now and counting! Like the PPK series in addition
to the older stuff. Looking for #5. Any suggestions?
Talk to you soon!

4461 - 4472 of 4472 Posts