Walther Forums banner

201 - 220 of 4467 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
Hey, Paine. Welcome aboard. Thanks, too, for you service.

You've made an excellent choice for your concealed carry piece, IMO. Lots of folks here agree and use the P99C for daily carry (along with the PPS, of course). You won't find as many fans of the Ruger -- but you wouldn't expect to find them here anyway.

In any event, enjoy your time on the forum.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
Welcome aboard, AN. We trust that you'll enjoy your stay here. You'll have to post some photos of your new P5C to get everyone drooling a bit. And no worries: A few of the experts will weigh in on your question regarding the serial number sequence.

You might consider referencing Dieter Marschall's "Walther Pistols Models 1 Through P99." It does as good of a job as anything out there on the serial numbers connected to the pistols. It's available from UCross Books in Los Alamos, New Mexico for less than $20.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm new to the forum and got here by doing a search for a Walther part. I use the handle 303lithgow because I collect Enfields and my favorite Enfields are made in Lithgow, Australia.

I tend to collect mostly WWII military pistols and rifles.

I have a Walther PPK/s in 380 which is my least favorite Walther, a Walther PPK in .22LR which is my favorite and a Manurhin PP in .22LR which I also like but the extractor broke and I need a replacement.

Well my P38 might be my favorite instead of the PPK but I don't shoot it as often.

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not," Thomas Jefferson

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #205
Hey, 303, welcome to the forum. We trust that you'll enjoy your time here. Sounds as if you have some nice pieces. Be sure to check out Numrich for the part you need for your Manurhin pistol. Tom Heller might be able to help you as well. Head to the Sticky in the P99 sub-section, Great Sites for Walther Lovers ... for contact information.

Good luck.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Thanks for the welcome searcher.

I think my wife would complain about all my rifles and pistols but she realizes they have been the best investment I've made in the last ten years. I have reached what I call critical mass, which means I have so many that if I bring another one home I can always say, "oh that old thing, I've had it for years".

My collections stands at around 45 rifles and pistols, even I'm not sure how many at any given time. I do keep a list with serial numbers in case of loss.

Most of my weapons I shoot. With the price of ammo I tend to shoot more .22LR more than anything else. About five years ago I started hoarding ammo and must have about 100,000 rounds not counting .22LR. Most is 303 British, 30.06, 7.62NATO, 5.56NATO, 9mmNATO and some non-NATO, 45ACP, and a few hundred each of odds and ends. Most of my ammo is Mil-Spec.

Whenever I buy a new weapon I allways consider the caliber and whether I already have others of the same caliber.

I also collect bayonets, bandoleers, ammo cans, coins and anything to do with WWII. I do have a few WWI items and some Vietnam era items but WWII is my first choice.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #207
Sounds as if you have your hands full, my friend. Good luck with that. I hear you on .22 these days; given the lack of decent ammo these days, and the costs, it's my first preference as well. Then again, after looking at your reported booty hoard here, at least I know where all of it went. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Noob

Greetings,

I'm a first time gun owner and just purchased my first firearm this past Saturday. It happened to be a Walther PK380. I'm in college and haven't had time yet to get back up to my hometown to pick it up from the gunstore.

Looking forward to getting into "the know" and learning more of the lingo and what I need to be a successful armed citizen. Please by all means let me know anything that any of you feel that I would need to know.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #209
Welcome, Doc, to the forum; we trust that you'll enjoy your time here. You'll want to hang out at the PK380 sub-section and absorb all that you can from the threads there. The little gun is new, but it already is drawing a supportive crowd of devoted followers here.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Greetings,

I'm a first time gun owner and just purchased my first firearm this past Saturday. It happened to be a Walther PK380. I'm in college and haven't had time yet to get back up to my hometown to pick it up from the gunstore.

Looking forward to getting into "the know" and learning more of the lingo and what I need to be a successful armed citizen. Please by all means let me know anything that any of you feel that I would need to know.

Thanks,
Welcome to the group Doc. I'm just a few days ahead of you in joining the group but I've owned firearms almost all my life. One thing I would recommend is that you get a concealed carry permitt if you don't already have one.

I don't own a PK380 but believe you will be happy with it. Its a good thing you are a doc because you may have caughten the Walther Disease. There is no known cure for it but it can be treated by buying more Walthers. The disease is also contagious. Even though I already have the disease I"m now thinking of buying the PK 380.

·
Registered
13 Posts

Greetings
My wife inherited a 1973 .380 PPK/S from an Uncle that passed away last March. He showed me the pistol about 10 years ago. " I really wanted a James Bond gun" is what I remember him saying about the pistol.
When the Aunt said she had a couple of guns for us I did not think it would be this one.
She brought the box out saying "I think it's a .22 pistol". I opened the cardboard box she brought out and found the Walther with the original box and manual I believe it was new in.
"Thanks" was all I could get out.
We have gone to a pistol range a couple of times and have questions.
Will post them on the Forum.
This looks like the place to be for learning about Walthers.
Thanks for helping me out.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #212
Welcome aboard, Hipster. Hope you managed a few more words after you had the chance to admire your new-to-you Walther. Let us know what questions you have. And enjoy your time here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
pk380 owner

whats up community?posting from ENC here from Va. i bought a new pk380 a week ago. haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. but i cant wait. ive owned a smith p99c .40cal absolutely loved this gun. a p22 loved this one as well. glock 27 cant go wrong with subcompact power of this gun. and a taurus pt111 and hated this pistol. the pt111 jammed and was dao. from what ive read on this forum, people seem to be very helpful which is nice.

so im here to say hi :D

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #214
Hi, worm, and welcome to the forum. We trust that you'll enjoy your time here. Lots of fans of the PK380 hang their hat here, so you'll be among friends. You'll also find many more fans of the P99 pistols.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Greetings and happy to be aboard. I purchased my first Walther, a PPS, last week. (luckily on the 27th so I am eligible for the free mag)

Anyway, after a fantastic day at the first good outdoor-range day of the year here in Pennsylvania, I am sold on Walther. I love Sig, too, but I was just all smiles today after putting about 2 boxes of 9mm through my new PPS. I couldn't believe the accuracy of this gun for a gun this size! (hence my user name!). No failures or hiccups of any kind. Recoil is milder than I expected, too. What a gun!

How could I have not owned a Walther until now?? :)

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #216
Welcome aboard, Accurate. We trust that you'll find happiness and joy on the forum, as do all PPS owners who frequent here. And you'll find plenty of them as well.

Nice job on ordering at the time that the extra magazine bonus was in effect. You already are money ahead.

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Good morning.

I stumbled across the forum yesterday. I placed an order for a new PPK/S the eighteenth of last month assuming that if Smith & Wesson was making it, the quality would be good. After reading a few posts here, I can see where that may have been a bad assumption. Hopefully, since all the dealers in my area are out of them, S & W is looking at the quality issues and taking some action. That's probably naive optimism on my part, but I'm still hoping for the best. I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #218
Welcome aboard, Gene. Lots of up-in-the-air issues persist with the S&W-made PPKs, although they also have a lot of fans -- here and elsewhere. As we've said before, its seems to be the luck of the draw that determines whether you get a good one or one that requires ... let's call it more attention. Good luck, in any event -- and do keep us posted.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Brand new here, having picked up my PPK/S .380 last night. Shot one many years ago when I was in the military and loved it, so decided it was time to get one of my own. Took my 13 year old son to an NRA Basic Pistol class this weekend to make sure he'd be fully aware of what was in the house.

Did all the precautions to double-lock it in a safe and the ammo in a separate safe.

Looking forward to meeting and learning from you all here!

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #220
Wlecome aboard, Ray. We trust that you'll enjoy your time here.

You picked up a S&W-made PPK/S -- yes? If so, be sure to read some of the threads on the current state of the Smith models. Lots of folks have great luck with them; others, not so much. Let's hope that you've got one of the good ones. The bottom line is that the PPK/S is a classic -- you ought to have a fine time with it.

Nice job on training your boy early on; wish everyone did exactly that.

201 - 220 of 4467 Posts