Walther Forums banner

2001 - 2020 of 4464 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,001
Nice to have you with us, MF; welcome aboard. Love the Manurhin-produced pistols; they are true gems, with terrific craftsmanship apparent throughout the run. Enjoy your time on the forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello from Indiana,
Just received a P99AS from my parents as a gift yesterday. I am excited to finally own one of my dream firearms and hope to use the site as a great resource for help and info. I have done a lot of research on P99's, but I'm new to pistols so we'll see how it goes. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi...
Just joined the Forum and expect to be asking a lot of questions in the future.
Purchased a "used" Walther GSP "Atlanta".
Took it to the range yesterday to sight in and fired 5 rounds off a rest (50 yds - indoors) and could cover the group with my little finger nail.
Boy, am I ever gonna have a hard time getting myself to shoot to the potential of this gun!!
Love it!
Gonna try to find a .32 conversion kit so I can use it for my Centerfire gun. Right now I am shooting a Les Baer Wadcutter for both Centerfire and .45 in the 2700's and a Smith 41 for .22 ----- may retire the Smith and go with the GSP for .RF and CF.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,007
Welcome, new guys; it's great to have you with us. Be sure to wander around a bit, check out the FAQ sections, check out the Sticky threads, check out the forum's rules of engagement. Enjoy your time here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Inherited PPK .32

Looks like I've found the right forum for my new acquisition. My gun came to me through my father, a WWII veteran with extending time in Germany. Like all vets he did not talk much about his time there. But I do know he was part of a group known as the Liberators. He spent over a year in Germany and came home with the PPK .32. I am a novice with handguns. It has the original magazine and spare with holster. I want to see if it fires. Where do I start to go about this safely. I'm fairly handy with tools and have already had the gun apart. The springs in the magazines were gunked up and I was able to get them working freely. I feel as though I have the gun pretty clean and seems to be working. I saw someone suggested putting a #2 pencil in the barrel to test the firing pin? Also, he had some old shells but don't trust them. What present day ammo should I get?. Sorry about being long winded I'm just excited to fire this baby safely?? Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Welcome!

You should take a look inside the PP/TP section, especially stickies and faq. Open a new thread, take some pic of your PPK (we like to see what you have) and you will get answers.

Perhaps a mod could move your post into a new thread.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just inherited a 1966 Walther PP Sport, and found this forum searching for information on the pistol. Great amount of valuable information here—I'm sure I will wander around and lurk for a while. I have an itch for a Walther .22 target rifle and this PP Sport had made the want much worse.

doug

·
Registered
1 Posts
New Member Introduction

Hi everyone. I'm from Indiana, Illinois and now living in Nevada. I just received a Model 9 from my Dad to try and get working again due to missing some parts. I know which parts are needed and will be contacting the members who I've seen listed that might be able to help me. Thank you everyone for being members of this site and helping people such as myself to continue to keep the legacy alive. If anyone can help me out before I'm able to contact them first, please email me with your contact info and I will get in touch with you.

Thanks again,
Wojo

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,014
Welcome, guys; nice to have you with us. Be sure to wander around a bit, check out the Sticky threads in the FAQ sections, and be sure to read the forum's rules of engagement. Enjoy your time here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I am a new member from the upstate area of South Carolina. Just purchased a PPX 9mm the other day and I am really looking forward to using it.

I have only used rifles in the past (first one was a 22 that was longer than I was tall) and this is my first pistol, so that makes it even more exciting.

I was in the US Army for 3 years, but decided to go out to the private sector for the money :) so that I could buy a Walther.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Newbie from Ohio

Hello,
I fired a PPS 9mm last year in my CCW course. Felt great and was very accurate
Unfortunately, I already bought a firearm and couldn't afford another purchase at the time. I've continuously thought of this pistol when looking for my CCW upgrade. I currently carry a LCP and want to move up to a 9 mm single stack.

I am looking to purchase one in the near future but cannot find any. Looks like I may have to pick one up on Gunbroker. Before I purchase, I may put out a call on some local facebook pages.

I decided to join this site to ease my purchase and give some ideas of accessories.

I've already learned about the slide stop and the BB on the slide.

Thanks for the great site,
Peter S.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,018
Nice to have you with us, guys; welcome aboard. Be sure to check out the Sticky threads in the FAQ sections, and don't forget the rules of engagement. Enjoy your time with us.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello all,
I am somewhat new to Walthers, but not to shooting. I just picked up a Walther PPQ M2 and was completely blown away by the solid German engineering and of course, its supermodel-caliber looks. Looking forward to share my newfound love for Walther firearms with you.

2001 - 2020 of 4464 Posts