Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am new member from Croatia. Homeland of HS pistols, in US SA XD.
This is my WWI and WWII germans collection.

·
Premium Member
1,792 Posts
WOW! Too Cool! Nice collection and welcome to the forum! Lot, and lots of great people here and info too. Best of luck, safe shooting and don't be a stranger!

Photo

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
wow
very nice collection.... I like the HSC alot but never owned one.....
welcome to the Forum

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it is Walther P-38 AC43 9714j, Walther P-38 964a CYQ, Luger DWM 1915, Luger byf 42, Mauser HSC i think early model.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
CROWALTHER,

Great-looking bunch of Germans you have there!

CYQ is Spreewerke but very nice just the same.

My collection has been crying out for a Mauser HSc for some time.

Need to now more about the Lugers too (especially the long-barrel Mauser).:D

Russell

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I like the belt and buckle. Sorry, I had to be different. I have one just like it...my uncle brought it back with him from Italy during WWII....he brought home 5 Lugers too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like the belt and buckle. Sorry, I had to be different. I have one just like it...my uncle brought it back with him from Italy during WWII....he brought home 5 Lugers too.
Do you have luger? It's fine pistol, the best in world. I have one DWM from 1915 and byf from 1942, they are very accurate.

·
Registered
85 Posts
a story on Lugers

Hi Croatian guy!

I also love Lugers and This is one story:

during the nicaraguan war, many gun-runners came to my country. One of them was offering lugers, complete with hard shells and tool, from a certain arsenal in the eastern europe.

One person of my family receive that offer and called me. At his house was this guy showing a dozen of Lugers. My relative told me "pick the best for me and help this guy to price the rest"
I did chose the best 3, I believe they were byf, saw the good grips didn't match them, and with the permission of the seller, chose matching grips, magazines, holsters and tool.

looking the whole lot I discovered one, a reworked and parkerized one, with non period wood grips, and said "this is the lowest price".

my relative then bought the best 3 (which he still owns) and then gave me the reworked one as a gift, along with 3 byf magazines.

I was very happy, and now, 20 years later, I have the gun.
My luger turned out to be a portuguese 1906 (one in 4000) marked in portuguese (carregada instead of Geladen) but the arsenal reworking stripped it of any colectable value.

Over the years some people have offered me to buy it, but is a good shooter. One guy offered me $120 for every byf magazine but no thanks, they are a souvenir and you cannot sell a gift.

Welcome to the forum

(later that gun-runner brought a P-38, but that is another story)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do not sell!

Hi Croatian guy!

I also love Lugers and This is one story:

during the nicaraguan war, many gun-runners came to my country. One of them was offering lugers, complete with hard shells and tool, from a certain arsenal in the eastern europe.

One person of my family receive that offer and called me. At his house was this guy showing a dozen of Lugers. My relative told me "pick the best for me and help this guy to price the rest"
I did chose the best 3, I believe they were byf, saw the good grips didn't match them, and with the permission of the seller, chose matching grips, magazines, holsters and tool.

looking the whole lot I discovered one, a reworked and parkerized one, with non period wood grips, and said "this is the lowest price".

my relative then bought the best 3 (which he still owns) and then gave me the reworked one as a gift, along with 3 byf magazines.

I was very happy, and now, 20 years later, I have the gun.
My luger turned out to be a portuguese 1906 (one in 4000) marked in portuguese (carregada instead of Geladen) but the arsenal reworking stripped it of any colectable value.

Over the years some people have offered me to buy it, but is a good shooter. One guy offered me $120 for every byf magazine but no thanks, they are a souvenir and you cannot sell a gift.

Welcome to the forum

(later that gun-runner brought a P-38, but that is another story)
Thanks for welcome and story, it is interesting.
The Lugers is my proud, I love Lugers from my 8 years, when I saw one in handgun book. Do not sell your luger! My plain is Luger and Walther P-38collection.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Collecting German pistols

CROWALTHER and Sepolvora,

And anyone who loves Lugers and P38s,

If you haven?t already found these forums you need to check them out.

http://forum.lugerforum.com/index.php?s=

http://luger.gunboards.com/

http://www.p38forum.com/

The first guns I bought were Lugers: a 1920 Police Luger and a 1917 Artillery Luger. I NEED at least two more Lugers: a Navy Luger and an American Eagle .30cal. My P38 is a postwar P1 and that helped get me hooked on Walthers. I know the same thing can happen with Mausers as I have already bought a WWI C96 Broomhandle and a postwar HSc.

Loving it,:D

Russell

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Thanks Rusell.
I am logged in luger forum like CROLUGER. I would like to buy C96- Red 9.
Greting from Croatia.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Yes, I see now Cro,

I got a much better look at your guns there. Great looking collection. To what extent are you allowed to shoot them in Croatia at this time? Is there a limit on how many you may own? Do civilians have the right to carry on the street?

Russell

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hello Russell!
We have not limit on how many guns you may own, I have 12 guns, and 3 in collection - it is Beretta M34, Walther P-38 CYQ, Browning 1010/22 (I have permit for old guns, and I can not to shoot from them). The civilians have not right to cary guns on the street, they must have their guns at home, and they can cary guns only to the and at the shooting place. Few of my handgun is for hunting, and other for self defense.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Do you have luger?
Wish I did. But I was the younger nephew so my cousins got first dibs on the Lugers...they either sold them dirt cheap or traded them in on some trash gun...very unfortunate...saw a nice one this past weekend for $4,200.00. More than I want to spend. I like the feel of a Luger but its pencil thin barrel is a bit too whippy for my tastes...I will stick with the Walther...:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,792 Posts
Quite an assortment - that's what I like to see~!! Thanks for sharing and welcome to the forum. Lots of great info and folks here, enjoy.

Regards, photo

1 - 20 of 20 Posts