Walther Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I picked up a CCP M2 a couple of months ago kind of on a whim. I am not a striker fired guy. Instead I prefer hammer fired handguns but the CCP felt good in the hand and I liked the thumb safety and longer trigger pull. Being a “revolver guy” I don’t mind mind a longer trigger pull, and I like the thumb safety for added security for reholstering.

I have about 200 or so rounds through the pistol (over three range sessions) without any malfunctions so far. I have used 115, 124 and 147 grain fmj rounds as well as 124 and 147 grain hollow points without problems. It’s a nice, soft shooter. Of course, it gets dirty and warm from the gas system but seems reliable for under 75 rounds, which is perfectly acceptable for my needs.

I think the trigger pull is fine and seems pretty smooth and predictable. It doesn’t have that striker fired bump/wall for which I am appreciative. I actually wish the trigger pull was a little bit longer and a tad heavier. I guess that is the double action revolver guy coming through again.

The sights stink as many have noted. So, today I installed a set of XS Big Dot sights and hope that helps. If the Big Dot sights pass my standards on my next range trip, the CCP will likely enter my carry rotation with my J frames and Sig P250c.

So far, so good. I like my CCP M2. Nice place y’all have here!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I’m off this week and today took the CCP to the range to test out the newly installed XS Big Dot sights. I put about 125 or so rounds down range with about 40 each of 115 gr, 124 gr and 147 gr. All paper target shooting was done at 25 feet, standing two-handed, at a pretty slow pace. I do not shoot to reset since my other carry firearms are DA revolvers and a p250c which is DAO.

The big dot sights were easy to install and it seems I have them lined up well. It is a bit of an adjustment using these sights but there isn’t much trouble getting fist sized groups. Not that I can shoot one ragged hole groups anyway but I’m sure not gonna do it with these style sights. The pic attached is representative of my results shooting a complete magazine. The red dot is 2” in diameter.

I did have three malfunctions today, and another issue. I had three instances where the striker did not reset after firing. One was with Sig 365 115 gr ammo, which didn’t surprise me because it is a lower recoil round. But, it happened twice with Federal American Eagle 124 gr...that was disappointing. Both CCI Blazer 147 gr and Federal American Eagle 147 gr ran like a top.

One last issue to report. I had one instance where the striker didn’t reset after inserting a mag and pressing the slide stop to release slide and chamber the round. I’ll stick to racking the slide from here on out.

I still like the CCP but I lost a little confidence in it today. If it continues to run without issue on 147 gr then I expect to regain that confidence. Ergos are great and it’s such a soft shooter.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts