Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! I have been visting the forum for a couple of months and I would have to say I am almost always impressed everytime I come. So I thought I would register as I have a question or two.

I own a Walther Lic. PP/ Manurhin with the serial number #1390x...5 digits, also a little crown like proof stamp next to it. imported by RTB corp, Miami, stamped right side slide. Most of the Manurhin's that I have seen are stamped 'Made in France' below the Manhurin logo on the slide but mine is not, just the logo. the caliber is 7.65/ 32acp. The barrel hood is not stamped. Two new manhurin stamped magazines...non finger rest. No box or papers.The condition is almost 100%, Quality polish, Shiny blueing, totally beautiful with the only area less than that being the back strap is very slightly worn. Like the original owner just sat and held it but never shot it. Which I also find myself doing as well. Cock the hammer, release the hammer.

So my humbly asked questions are.....

1. Can anybody provide me any additional info?

2. The grips on the gun are Interarms style olivewood but the're chipped below the safety lever so should I buy a new set of Interarm grips, a reproduction black rubber/plastic Manurhin set or a black reproduction orig Walther set.....I'm thinking Manurhin...but not brown. I know, buy what I like but I am asking from a value standpoint.

3. There is a small (what I believe to be) proof stamp on the right side slide, right where the slide curves up towards the muzzle. This is a proof stamp right?

4. Would this have additional value because of the relatively low serial number? Knowning of course that they had been making them for twenty + years prior to Manurhin.

5. The feed ramp is blued and should probably be polished. Should I do this or leave it from a value stand point. The reason I ask is that the gun does jam. but I do not use it as a carry gun... just some range time.

I know about rim lock and do not use HP's but have yet to find a brand that the gun likes. It shoots everything very tight and nice but just dosent always want to say goodbye to the empty case...Any suggestions?
I have shot Fiocchi, Remington, winchester white box (nose too flat on these).

So I guess S&B ?

Anyway thanks, J.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I can only address your last question. I have always used S&B without a problem in my pp's and ppk's. You are right, Winchester doesn't work and is meant for the more modern .32's. If they are not ejecting, check the ejector, which is the silver part on the left side that also works as a slide lock-open. Make sure the front is squared off and not chipped or broken in any way. It could be the ammo, UMC/Federal(?) is usually not hot enough to force the slide back enough, I have never tried Fiochi, so find some S&B and try it:)

·
Registered
865 Posts
Hey Triton,
I belive I can get ahold of a set or two grips for the PP, PPK/s. One set is Interarms wood of sorts (walnut?) and the other is Walther black plastic. Both with screws. Don't know any prices. Have to ask, but I believe they will be inexpensive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts