Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a P38 with P38 on the left side of slide 199 serial number and a U after that.
right above the trigger is 199 U and an eagle.
on the right side of slide towards back looks like a small eagle with a D or an O under it and then a larger eagle on maybe the world and then third I can't make out but looks like two circles joined like a horizontal 8 with something over them.
I am looking for any information I can get on it - how old - who used and what it might be worth.

Thanks

Eric

·
Registered
231 Posts
Pics would help greatly, what you describe could be inspection and acceptance stamps. There is so much more that can be told when the images are up for evaluation.

Based on what you have described, it could be a Spreewerk as I don't think Mauser or Walther made it to 'U' blocks but then I make it a point to be mistaken some times!

The same serial number should also be found on the front flat under the barrel and on the locking block, the swinging metal part under the barrel, when you disassemble the pistol. Of note, the locking block usually only has the last three digits and the block designation, but yours has a three-digit serial already.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
cyq = Spreewerk production. I would have taken it for a Spreewerk even without the cyq, because of those typical impressive tool marks on the slide, LOL.

This also means it was made between 1942 and April of 1945.

Their proof mark was eagle over 88:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts