Walther Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a full size 4.5in. barrel PDP two weeks ago but haven't taken it to the range yet. Hoping to do that soon. Have seen several videos on youtube praising the gun and some that weren't so complimentary. Chose Walther on the recommendation of a friend. This is my first pistol. My past experience has been limited to .22 rifles and 12ga shotguns but even that was limited and decades ago. Looking forward to enjoying this pistol. I also believe it is well qualified for personal and home protection. I welcome tips and comments.

·
Registered
Walther PDP Compact
14 Posts
I also watched several videos and read reviews and with my previous experiences with HK, Glock and CZ I decided I wanted to try something new. Haven’t had a range trip yet and would like to wait for the mounting plate so I can attach a red dot sight to it before I go. I bought the Compact version. Enjoy your new Walther and Welcome to the forum from New England.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Purchased a full size 4.5in. barrel PDP two weeks ago but haven't taken it to the range yet. Hoping to do that soon. Have seen several videos on youtube praising the gun and some that weren't so complimentary. Chose Walther on the recommendation of a friend. This is my first pistol. My past experience has been limited to .22 rifles and 12ga shotguns but even that was limited and decades ago. Looking forward to enjoying this pistol. I also believe it is well qualified for personal and home protection. I welcome tips and comments.
Welcome from Northern Indiana enjoy the conversation.

·
Registered
PPQs, PPS, and P99AS
3 Posts
Hello. Ya some of those gun videos are brutal and sometimes people just say things to get clicks and views. Don't worry about that too much. They are probably not going to use it exactly like you are so it really is not an apples to apples comparison.

I have bought much worse things and had them for a few years. Daewoo DH-40 anyone? :cautious:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Florida. (y)(y):):)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Whatever YouTube video was trashing the PDP is not someone worth watching. You may not like the looks or price but as far as the function and features goes the PDP is hard to beat even with a custom gun. Comparing the PDP right out of the box to anything else except a Canik SFX it will beat it 10 out of 10 times. Enjoy!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Another welcome from North Texas.

I’ve been shooting pistols 33 years, and I’ve owned almost every major 9mm service pistol. Of the 9mm polymer striker fired guns I’ve owned…Glock 15/17/22, Sig P320/P365, HK VP9, Walther PPQ…this is far and away the best. Great trigger, lighter than it feels with a very short reset. Amazing ergonomics, literally perfect texturing. A 1911-like point angle. Relatively soft recoil (I own the full sized PDP mated to a Holosun 507 optic). The price makes it a great deal as well, it’s $100-300 below its competitors. This thing will be a Glock killer.

My first full mag at ten yards is attached. My wife…no expert at shooting…liked it so much that she took it from me! It’s replacing her Sig P229 she’s owned since 2009. We are ordering a second one now.

Short version….if there’s a better 9mm on the market for the price, I’m unaware of it. You really can’t go wrong. YMMV
Circle Symmetry Recreation Pattern Precision sports

1 - 13 of 13 Posts