Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months ago I picked up a PPS in my quest for a single-stack carry gun. After 4 shots I knew this was my carry, and I knew my next gun was a PPQ for winter carry.

Yesterday that came to fruition. Got an unfired PPQ for a bargain price, and it came with some FO sights as a bonus. Only downside was it only had one magazine - I read the Canik 55 TP9 mags work - are those the same as the current Canik TP9? I don't see any specifically for the 55 so not sure if people are just dropping that or if it's different model.

Wow, do I love this trigger. I'm a huge CZ lover but this thing is right there with the P10C for me. I am also a big fan of the rest of the feel of the gun too. The slide is easily worked by just about any strength hands, the slide lock is that perfect balance of stiff enough to prevent accidental activation without being a difficult release when you want to, the mag just jumps out of the chamber when the button is released, the mag button is just perfectly built - it's all just pretty darn perfect.

The only thing I'm not blown away by, interestingly, are the grip's ergonomics. It seems most PPQ fans are in love with it primarily or at least significantly by the grip's ergos but frankly they are not that great to me. They are fine, I don't dislike them, but they don't jump out at me as one of the best parts. The grip pattern is pretty nice but it's not positive enough for me and I see some talons in my future - on the PPS too - and that's a first for me in 18 handguns over 30 years.

I'm off to the range to give it a test drive. One mag will make it an interesting experience, but maybe going slow will allow me to really experience the gun. We'll see.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm with you on the grip. For some reason the backstrap on mine had a sharp ridge down the centerline that was digging into my hand. Nothing a file couldn't fix, but I'm debating some Talons anyway.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Welcome from Brownsburg, IN (near Indy). Congratulations on your recent purchases. I've never regretted a single Walther I've owned...I'm sure you won't either.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts