Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hi and see what new tidbits of info I can gleen from this group. From what infomation I have been able to obtain, I picked up a pre-war PPK. Its mechanically in great shape, cosmetically, it ain't going to win any beauty contests.

Regards to all,
Joel

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Welcome to the board hydrotx. There is a lot of knowledgeable Walther people on this board. If you want, I can tell you more about your ppk from the serial number.

Devin

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Joel,

Your PPK looks like it was made around 1937. Does it have the 90 degree safety?

You may want to take that out of your wifes purse and put it in a safe somewhere. It's worth more than a purse gun.

Devin

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Devin,
I am uncertain of the type of safety. The scalloped area under the safety is cut 90 degrees, however, the safety itself only has a range of movement of 60-70 degrees.

It is no longer residing in her purse, she wanted something of a larger caliber.

What is the approximate value of the gun? I know its hard to base it on lousy digital pictures.

Any recommendation of a source for replacement grips.

TIA,
Joel

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Joel,

I was curious about that safety. It looked like a 90 degree, but I noticed that it was only at the 60 degree position. It looks like some one may have swapped out the safety with a newer model 60 degree type.

The guns value will range from $500 to a $1000. On yours I would say in the $500 range, just because of the condition and that safety.

The grips are going to be expensive to replace, especially since they are the older type. Earl's repair service has them, but I wouldn't doubt that he'll charge you $200 or more for a good pair of mottled grips that match that era. You might do a search on Google for Walther gun parts and see if you can find someone cheaper. If you want to shoot the gun, I would suggest you trade the grips out for some cheap black style and save those grips. Those mottled grips tend to break easily. I'm not sure how much it would cost to get that safety back to normal.

Devin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts