Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to say hello to everyone first. I just picked up my P99c this afternoon and have to say it's all I expected it to be. This has got to be the nicest carry pistol I have ever seen,and will make a fine little brother to my P99 full size. Now for a few questions,has anyone found a source for night sights for a compact? P-T said they have a set that would work but I needed to send in my slide for the install and did not give me a part number. Also how about a holster recommendation in the three slot pancake variety besides the one offered by De Santis? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Meprolight makes them. Their P/N is MPL18801 MEPROLT TD WALTHER P-99 9/40 CMPCT. I can get them for $65 plus shipping.

I will tell you, they did NOT install as easily as the full size Mepro's have in the past. In fact, even after filing on them for 30 minutes I couldn't get them to slide in easily where I could use the plunger/adjusting screw. I ended up just sliding them into the dovetail with my sight pusher and letting them sit. They aren't going anywhere
I don't plan on adjusting them, so it's not a big deal to me.

Regards,
James

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Welcome to WaltherForums!

Congratulations on your compact. Give us a range report when you get out to shoot it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Extremist. Thanks for the lead on the Mepros I'll be looking in to getting a set real soon.
P88. If this compact shoots half as good as my full size military 9mm I'll be thrilled. I'm going to try to get some range time in this Sunday. My brother in law has a range built in his back yard so it's just a matter of pursuading the wife into going for a while.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts