Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always been fascinated by the Walther pp/ppk and have read quite a bit on the forums. I recently purchased a new ppk/s .22 because it’s just cheap to shoot and still has the classic look. I would love to upgrade to to a real history piece and a higher caliber, for the right price. I recently walked into a local store and they had a Manurhin PP in 7.65, with a Bavarian police trade in stamp(ByP) X’d out, ugly HK import marking on front of grip, serial #53xxx (1956-57?) bluing 90%+ minimal holster ware, bore looked fantastic, comes with one flush(no pinky rest) magazine made in France, no box, no extra mag etc.
Price was $450, my questions are is that a reasonable price these days? Or a good deal? Middle of the road? Any help would be great thanks! Sorry I don’t have any pictures, but I hope I described it in enough detail.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have always been fascinated by the Walther pp/ppk and have read quite a bit on the forums. I recently purchased a new ppk/s .22 because it’s just cheap to shoot and still has the classic look. I would love to upgrade to to a real history piece and a higher caliber, for the right price. I recently walked into a local store and they had a Manurhin PP in 7.65, with a Bavarian police trade in stamp(ByP) X’d out, ugly HK import marking on front of grip, serial #53xxx (1956-57?) bluing 90%+ minimal holster ware, bore looked fantastic, comes with one flush(no pinky rest) magazine made in France, no box, no extra mag etc.
Price was $450, my questions are is that a reasonable price these days? Or a good deal? Middle of the road? Any help would be great thanks! Sorry I don’t have any pictures, but I hope I described it in enough detail.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think you should have no regrets. I just bought a Manurhin, with one magazine, in excellent condition, on on GunBroker, for $550. Hope that makes you feel better. I wanted a French gun for my hot French girlfriend, and I wasn’t too concerned about price.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Manurhin made very nice PP's. I have one from 1953 and it's really nice, except for the ground-off Walther license markings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts