Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to say I'm glad to have found this forum, it's nice to be able to share information with so many P99 owners.

I'm a relatively new shooter, as I've only been shooting for about 3 years now... my wife and I wanted to try something new and we had a friend who shoots IDPA competitions. She recommended that we take basic handgun course at a local range.

That training class sure was an interesting experience. At the end of the course, we were able to select a gun from their inventory and practice drills through a couple of boxes of ammo.

Not thinking I would ever shoot again, of course I chose the largest caliber I could get a hold of, a .45 cal. The only one left though was a compact Glock 30. I went to my lane and boy did that gun give me a deep respect for firearms. That gun fired with vigor and the large ball of flame coming out the end of the barrel had people a few lanes down checking out what the heck was going on my ways. That Glock was fun to shoot.

I decided to continue learning, so bought a more manageable 9mm (chose a new AB coded Walther P99). I'm fairly proficient with this handgun and like it very much, but lately, I am looking to move up to 45ACP.

I really love the thoughful innovations designed into the P99 and look forward to learning from the members here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome to the board. I've actually been registered on this board since July 2002, when I got my P99 9mm.
My old user name is inoperable, and has been for a few weeks, so I re-registered. All of my old posts are under "kbc".
I still practice a bunch with my P99, but have discovered the 1911. The 45 ACP is incredibly easy to shoot well.
(I also have a P22)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome, it is appreciated.

I guess I'm in the same boat as many here... wanting a P99 in 45ACP, but not really wanting the SW99.

Somehow, the elegance of the P99 has been lost when S&W tried to add their own touch to the handgun.

I've been looking at 45 caliber offerings from other manufacturers, and like them well enough, but really preferred the thoughtful design of the P99.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've tried 40 S&W several times before (not in the P99), but not 10mm.

I strongly thought about a P99 in 40 S&W for a while, and almost picked one up, but decided to stay with the one I had.

If the P99 never comes out in 45ACP I might end up picking one in 40 S&W.

Lately though, I've been interested in 45ACP.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts