Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, new guy here from the Sunshine State. I've been a Walther owner for several years, started with a P22 and recently purchased a Hammerli TAC R-1. Mounted a Bushnell TRS-25 at first and at my first range trip went through about 200 rounds of various flavors of 22LR, from CCI Standard Velocity, some SK target, Minimags, Federal Automatch, Winchester 333, and Aguila Super Extra. No malfunctions at all. Great accuracy at 25 yards, especially with the CCI-SV and SK. Decided to add a scope instead of the red dot so I just mounted a BSA Sweet 22 3-9X40 on a Monstrum cantilever mount. I got it pretty closely boresighted at 14 yards with one of those cheap muzzle lasers and hope to get to the range soon to get it sighted in at 50.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Welcome from Pennsyl-tucky!!! Just as dang hot up here right now.
Had my honeymoon in key west. Big time fan.
Have been a Walther fan and owner for over 13 years. Had a P1/P38, then a PPK. Then a P99 (still have ok’ reliable as a nightstand gun), and had a PPS M1 (classic) but traded in on an officer’s 1911.
They make a phenomenal product. People here are great. Very helpful. Very friendly.
Again. Welcome!!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Welcome MTC. I’m in Tampabay area. Have all the PPQ’s, including airsoft. I’m pretty happy how ammo agnostic my PPQ .22 has been.

PS I’m ex navy, just 5 years endedup as PO2. Long time ago. I would have been career, but too many chiefs in my rate, so promotion was glacial pace. All good though.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hello all, new guy here from the Sunshine State. I've been a Walther owner for several years, started with a P22 and recently purchased a Hammerli TAC R-1. Mounted a Bushnell TRS-25 at first and at my first range trip went through about 200 rounds of various flavors of 22LR, from CCI Standard Velocity, some SK target, Minimags, Federal Automatch, Winchester 333, and Aguila Super Extra. No malfunctions at all. Great accuracy at 25 yards, especially with the CCI-SV and SK. Decided to add a scope instead of the red dot so I just mounted a BSA Sweet 22 3-9X40 on a Monstrum cantilever mount. I got it pretty closely boresighted at 14 yards with one of those cheap muzzle lasers and hope to get to the range soon to get it sighted in at 50.
Welcome from Northern Indiana enjoy the conversation.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Welcome from the piney woods of rural NE Florida.
Thank you for serving our country. I was Army.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome MTC. I’m in Tampabay area. Have all the PPQ’s, including airsoft. I’m pretty happy how ammo agnostic my PPQ .22 has been.

PS I’m ex navy, just 5 years endedup as PO2. Long time ago. I would have been career, but too many chiefs in my rate, so promotion was glacial pace. All good though.
Thanks for the welcome, brother. Took me 17 years to make Chief, too many chiefs, not enough indians. It's a different Navy now, too much political BS going on.
I love the P22 and my new TAC R-1 is a blast to shoot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts