Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings Comrades (kidding),

Got tired of just lurking and decided it's time to join. Long time Walther and HK fan. So far I only have two walthers and hope to expand the collection. It's really difficult here since we have to deal with a handgun roster, so any purchases made here are of pistols still registered within the state, and typically are double the price of what you find in a free state.

Anyhow, here's my meager collection, a Gen 3 P99AS and a 68XX serial P88.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Welcome. I always wished I had purchased t a P88 when they were manufacturing them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Greetings Comrades (kidding),

Got tired of just lurking and decided it's time to join. Long time Walther and HK fan. So far I only have two walthers and hope to expand the collection. It's really difficult here since we have to deal with a handgun roster, so any purchases made here are of pistols still registered within the state, and typically are double the price of what you find in a free state.

Awesome! I am a refugee from the People's Republic of Taxifornia. Moved to Arizona.

Bought my first Walther in Arizona in late February, 2019. PPQ M2 9mm. So I fill out the paperwork, guy runs the information through the data base, and I turn to walk out of the store. Guy behind counter asks, "Don't you want your gun?" I respond, "I'll be back in 10 days, after the waiting period."

He says, "It's Arizona. You pay for the gun, you get it the same day." Paid for it, bought 50 rounds, went to range and used it - the day I bought it.

Oh, and I order ammo online, at a cost of about 18 cents per round, delivered to my front door. Taxifornia? Yeah, no.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome! I am a refugee from the People's Republic of Taxifornia. Moved to Arizona.

Bought my first Walther in Arizona in late February, 2019. PPQ M2 9mm. So I fill out the paperwork, guy runs the information through the data base, and I turn to walk out of the store. Guy behind counter asks, "Don't you want your gun?" I respond, "I'll be back in 10 days, after the waiting period."

He says, "It's Arizona. You pay for the gun, you get it the same day." Paid for it, bought 50 rounds, went to range and used it - the day I bought it.

Oh, and I order ammo online, at a cost of about 18 cents per round, delivered to my front door. Taxifornia? Yeah, no.
Can’t wait to experience the same thing. Do tell...what’s the buying process like compared to here? Real ID? Safe Handling demos? Affidavits and required new lock? Lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts