Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all.

Picked up this Interarms PPK .380, ser. A046666, at my FFL's shop.
No box, cracked grip. and finger rest filed/sanded flat.

I had a .32 Interarms PPK, that I sold back in '05.
What a mistake that was:(

Also, any good source of factory black grip panels?
Otherwise, wood will be it.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi all.

Picked up this Interarms PPK .380, ser. A046666, at my FFL's shop.
No box, cracked grip. and finger rest filed/sanded flat.

I had a .32 Interarms PPK, that I sold back in '05.
What a mistake that was:(

Also, any good source of factory black grip panels?
Otherwise, wood will be it.
Nice find. By the serial number your's was probable made in 1990. I have been looking for grips for awhile there isn't a whole lot out there. What ever you decide make sure they work with Interarms. The grips aren't interchangeable.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Keep checking eBay they turn up fairly regularly. There are some no banner grips there now for $24 that should hold you over 'til you find factory.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Nice find. By the serial number your's was probable made in 1990. I have been looking for grips for awhile there isn't a whole lot out there. What ever you decide make sure they work with Interarms. The grips aren't interchangeable.
Fort Smith PPK/S grips fit right on my Interarms and German PPK/S. There is a good chance their PPK grips will also fit. Seems like the S&W grips were the only ones that were a little different.

I have a nice Interarms 1986 PPK. If I found another one for that price, I would take it home.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Fort Smith PPK/S grips fit right on my Interarms and German PPK/S. There is a good chance their PPK grips will also fit. Seems like the S&W grips were the only ones that were a little different.

I have a nice Interarms 1986 PPK. If I found another one for that price, I would take it home.
Since the PPK/S uses flat panel grips there is a chance that may be true, at the very least they might fit with a little triming.

However, The PPK uses a fitted grip and there is a difference between years.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Here's a source, but they're not cheap. The ones I saw are for Interarms...doubt if the S&W grips will interchange. If there was a filed-down thumb-rest, I think the grips you have on there are replacements. Original ones from that time didn't have a thumb rest, so far as I know.

https://www.ksdgripsusa.com/category/walther-interarms-ppk
I don't know what "thumb rest" you are talking about.
Those are the factory grips from that time period

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
I believe Gene read your post incorrectly mixing up filed down finger rest mag with thumb rest grips. Thumb rest grips came on PP and PPK/S .22 pistols imported by IA.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I heard back from Walther USA.
$30 plus shipping for new grips.

I think I'm ordering new grips tomorrow.

Guess I'll see if they fit or need fitting to fit.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nope, rolling the dice and living dangerously :D

And I don't mind doing it from time to time......
I hope it works out, but if they are for the S&W I don't think it will mainly because the S&W has an extended beaver tail and a metal backstrap so I believe the grips are flat panels and since the Interarms has no metal backstrap, the grips wrap around the rear.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I hope it works out, but if they are for the S&W I don't think it will mainly because the S&W has an extended beaver tail and a metal backstrap so I believe the grips are flat panels and since the Interarms has no metal backstrap, the grips wrap around the rear.
Nope, they are PPK grips that wrap around the rear.
The Gun Tech at Walther who responded to my email inquiry actually handled my order today when I called and verified the style.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nope, they are PPK grips that wrap around the rear.

The Gun Tech at Walther who responded to my email inquiry actually handled my order today when I called and verified the style.
???? In your earlier post when I asked you said you didn't ask if they fit an Interarms???
In fact you said:
"Rolling the dice and living dangerously"

·
Registered
1 Posts
Walther PPK grips

I called Walther USA direct customer service and they sold me a set for about $ 40.00. SAid they would NOT fit the S&W models, but should be fine with the INterarms. HOpe that helps.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
???? In your earlier post when I asked you said you didn't ask if they fit an Interarms???
In fact you said:
"Rolling the dice and living dangerously"
Yes, verified as PPK grips and not PPK/S.
Your post:

"I hope it works out, but if they are for the S&W I don't think it will mainly because the S&W has an extended beaver tail and a metal backstrap
This to me describes a S&W made PPK/S specifically and could also include the PP series as they to use flat panel grips.
so I believe the grips are flat panels and since the Interarms has no metal backstrap, the grips wrap around the rear."
This to me describes all PPK models with wrap around grip panels.

That is how I interpreted your statement.
And no, I did not expressly inquire if the grips would fit Interarms specifically or S&W made firearms specifically.
Connor at Walther verified my request for PPK model grips.
The compatibility issue is with USA made guns as a whole, this is as I understand it (barring the new production guns, as I am not familiar with them).

Any other comments, guestions, or concerns gts350?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I called Walther USA direct customer service and they sold me a set for about $ 40.00. SAid they would NOT fit the S&W models, but should be fine with the INterarms. HOpe that helps.
Yep, just under $40 shipped two day.
Received my tracking info this morning.

Stellar customer service in my opinion.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts