Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only have two mags for my Interarms PPK/S (one blued with fingerrest, and one stainless with no fingerrest).

I want to buy a couple more magazines. Is there any difference in PPK/S magazines out there, aside from the fingerrest/no fingerrest? For example, are there magazines that fit a S&W PPK/S but not an Interarms one?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
178 Posts
The Magazines are the Same!!
German Made, Interarms & S&W manufactured PP & PPK/S magazines are all made by Mec-Gar as far as I Know.. And Should Interchange..
I've seen a difference in listings for Pre-War/Post-War..
I would also go with The Original Walther Magazines
I prefer the No Finger Rest Magazine for Concealed Carry but the Finger Rest ones are great Too..
I Only have three magazines for Mine, Lookin for a Couple More Too!!
I have the two Factory SS ones & a Mec-Gar in Blue..
Welcome to the Forum Too Gendaito!!
B92

·
Registered
713 Posts
Welcome to the board as our shake and bake PPK/S owner say their should be no difference. But just make sure their real walther banner mags not pro mag or something as bad. I have 1 finger and 2 non, all stainless I feel thats enough .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
are the Mec-Gar ones ok? Also, if someone has a good online source for factory PPK/S mags with fingerrest, please let me know. I think I found blued ones on Natchez for $80! ouch!

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have one Mec-Gar magazine & prefer it's finger Rest to Walthers..It's a blued mag..
On the down side when I first got it, It wouldn't hold the slide open, It didn't come up that last little bit..
I smoothed the edges of the follower & that problem went away.
At the range I had two failures to feed the second round with the Mec-Gar magazine, Also note that my Walther was 100% until that time, And could not be duplicated with the factory magazines, I believe the spring is a bit tight, It was a pain to load, so I've left it loaded since trying to weeken the spring a bit..
The quality appears the same as original even the font on the Cal.380ACP is the same, it's marked with the Mec-Gar MG logo & MADE in ITALY..
The thickness & Profile & follower appear the exact same as the Walther..
I'm realy now in the look for a few more factory magazines in Stainless without the finger rest..
Oh & I forgot, The Mac-Gar Magazine was $24 new in the package at the gunshow..
CDNN has em for $19.99 CDNN Walther Magazines
MEC-GAR MAGAZINE WALTHER PPK/S .380ACP

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
B92, we've GOT to get you a new camera.

thanks for the info on the Mec-Gar. I might try one of those, although I'd prefer to buy the factory ones...

·
Registered
178 Posts
I prefer the factory magazines too
I'm in the look for a few more, I'll find em at the gunshow or at KY Imports
And sorry about the pics, My crappy old camera doesn't even have the option to focus, It's a POS.. I call it the crapcam2000
B92

·
Registered
16 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (walrus @ Jan. 25 2006,01:51)]Yeah, you are hurting my eyes.   We could start a fund for you.
Don't need to start a fund for him...

He can just sell his PPK/S to buy a new camera

1 - 12 of 12 Posts