9,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,306 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Nobody seems to be paying any attention to the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.

It's real, and it's federal law.

M

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Mike...I am NOT an attorney but after reading an overview of that federal law it appears that Walther's legal advisors have skillfully avoided the time question I mentioned by using the phrase "....beginning this season". That appears to provide Walther a basis for including purchases that are made beginning in 2015, since we do not know what Walther's "season" means, and precludes prior years with no superseding of prior warranties at all. Perhaps that is just one reason that Walther has not made and probably will not make a statement to clarify. I believe the same applies to their service "goal".

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Talked to Dallas and confirmed my 2013, 2014, & 2015 Walther's are all covered by lifetime warranty
We believe Dallas is telling us what he believes to be the correct Walther policy. Problem is Dallas is not the authoritative source we need to see....preferably in writing.

·
Premium Member
13,495 Posts
We believe Dallas is telling us what he believes to be the correct Walther policy. Problem is Dallas is not the authoritative source we need to see....preferably in writing.
Something else I learned in DC.....phone calls and he said, she said mean absolutely Nothing. You want something that'll stand up.....get it in writing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just got this response from walther regarding my ppx purchased in 2014!

Great news…Walther firearms now are lifetime warranty.*
Thank you and good shooting,*
Paul Speer
Gun Tech
Walther Arms, Inc.

479-242-8500
479-646-4206 fax
[email protected]
7700 Chad Colley Blvd,*Fort Smith, AR 72916
Walther Arms
Sent: Monday, March 02, 2015 8:59 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Walther Arms Customer Support [#10067]

Product Name *
Walther PPX
Question or Comment *
I purchased this firearm about a year ago and was wondering how long the manufacturers warranty is for.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
65 Posts
TY 4 Your Post & The Pic of Your Receipt :-$

Walther just returned my fixed 2013 PPX free of charge ! That is the reason I just added the PPQ M2 Navy to my collection.
From a business perspective, Walther has clearly reached the minimum point of "Economies of Scale", the quality has always been there. Marketing needs this to sell more guns... I have anticipated this move for some time now, we are all the beneficiaries of this Lifetime Warranty Policy.

Curious, what exactly caused your PPX problem & what did Walter do to fix the problem? Are you satisfied with the end result? Is there anything you would want changed by Walther from a customer service perspective? Thank you for your input :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts