1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
I saw that mentioned in some shot show reviews on another site. I think $169 or $186 or something like that was the price...

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hope you guys see your target better than cheap prices :D

FITS VIRTUALLY ALL PISTOLS WITH RAILS: PICATINNY,
WEAVER OR TACTICAL
FSL-0650-140
MSRP: $149.95

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
I now have a laser on my PS90 - I had one on a Glock 19 in the mid 1990s. They are kewl. But, I don't see myself spending the money for one. I WOULD like to buy that BA6 laser fo rthe P99 - only because it looks so kewl on the bottom of the gun. But $300 is a deal breaker for me.

IF I did buy a laser for my P99, that BA6 would be the one, however...

·
Registered
335 Posts
The product looks good and the price is right..

But if the folks at Laserlyte can't even spell "WARRANTY" correctly in their advertising it makes me wonder who's minding the store.

J. Pomeroy

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
But if the folks at Laserlyte can't even spell "WARRANTY" correctly in their advertising it makes me wonder who's minding the store.
Well I like what Mark Twain said "He didn't trust anyone who could only spell a word one way...":D

But unless I can't read, my dictionary spells warranty the same way....am I missing something?

I have a laser from my P22 and it is fun but I don't find it all that practical. I think a light would be better...but if Crimson Trace comes out with one I may change my mind...;)

·
Registered
335 Posts
But unless I can't read, my dictionary spells warranty the same way....am I missing something?

QUOTE]

Unless senility has totally encompassed my feeble brain the list below the "Laser System Specifications" located at the bottom left of the H&K P2000sk sporting the laser the word "warranty" is misspelled, "waranty"...

I understand that in the great scheme of things a missing "r" might not amount to much, but the idea that someone at Laserlyte didn't bother to proof read their own advertisement, or if they did proofread it they missed the error does not instill confidence in me as a potential customer of their product.

Also the absence of an explanation of how the unit is turned on and off eluded the person who formulated the ad. One of the "biggies" in a laser for me is how the darn thing is activated.

For example the CAT laser I bought for my Bersa Thunder 9/uc is turned on and off by using either index finger.. Sounds good in theory, but mine had a tendency to not go on or not go off when the lever was pushed.. Not a good thing.

The Crimson Trace Lasergrips on the other hand are activated by pressure applied to the grip in the normal manner.. Neat.

So, I would be interested in knowing precisely how you transitioned from off, to on, and vice-versa. You would think a modest amount of space would have been dedicated to that vital information for potential customers.

Again, perhaps it's there someplace, and perhaps the missing "r" is too, but in my senior citiizen fog I must have missed both..

Getting old is not for sissys.. :D

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy

·
Registered
15 Posts
I like the first one, very low profile!

I have a laser on my P99; it is a Laser Devices BA-5. It is a bulky unit, but mates to the gun very well:

It adds a little bit of weight, but worth it. I just got my custom holster made for it too; and I love the setup. I carry this as my CCW.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I like the first one, very low profile!

I have a laser on my P99; it is a Laser Devices BA-5. It is a bulky unit, but mates to the gun very well:

It adds a little bit of weight, but worth it. I just got my custom holster made for it too; and I love the setup. I carry this as my CCW.
Can you tell us some more about this unit.....
since this is not a BA6 and I can't find any info on a BA5 I am curious what you got there :confused:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am not sure what the history of the BA-5 is, with Laser Devices. I did some Googling and came up with the following information:

http://www.1above.com/ldi_ba5.htm

It is a Law enforcement grade laser, at 635nm. Stats:

Ambidextrous activation switch with positive On, Off and Momentary
Infrared (835nM) upgrade option is available
Laser activation indicator light is yellow
Low battery indicator light is red
Made in U.S.A.
No modification of the pistol is required
Optional 6 volt or 3 volt tactical flashlight mounts on laser housing
Quick-on and quick-off design allows the laser to be attached to the weapon as needed
Waterproof

I have the original box and paperwork; but it doesn't say anything too specific. Rather, on the hard plastic case the laser comes in:

WALTHER
P99 Laser Site
Magnum Power Point
Laser Devices (with contact information)

LDI Part #20866

1 - 17 of 17 Posts