Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings everyone, it's been awhile since I've really posted here but I wanted to share my new (to me) PPQ and ask a couple of questions.

I have been wanting a PPQ since they came out but got into collecting that "other" German brand of pistols and never got around to getting one until now. I currently own a first-gen P99 and an AC P-38 and I have owned a PPS and a P22 in the past.

Got this 2015 Classic used yesterday and put a few rounds through it. This was a range gun with little wear and as far as I can tell was not shot much. (The range had 2 PPQ M2 pistols as well which were more popular rentals) As I was cleaning it I realized it had a polygonal barrel. I was under the impression that PPQs except the Navy model with the threaded barrel did not come with a polygonal barrel but this pistol clearly has one. I was just wondering when this changed. If anyone has any info in regards to this it would be a cool thing to know. Also, I noticed that the Walther shop website doesn't list the standard recoil spring for sale. Does anyone know where one can purchase a replacement spring since this is a used pistol?

Oh yeah, I've included a picture since I carried it on a short hike today. Much like my p99, it amazes me how well this pistol carries due to the ergonomics, it carries smaller than it actually is.

IMG_20200626_174125~2.jpg

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
I don't know about the barrel, but in order to get parts like an rsa I've always contacted the parts department:
Phone: 479-242-8500 x 7
Email: [email protected]
This is where Walther directed me when I was inquiring about getting a spare rsa. Hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
8,547 Posts
I'm pretty sure the 2016 Qs had polygonal barrels and as yours has the updated slide design, I'd guess they were transitioning in 2015 or maybe that was when they began.

BTW my 2013 Classic Navy Q is most certainly rifled.

Reactions: Mark P. and Balogh

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
The design change of the ejection port contour and the switch to the polygonal barrel took place at the same time from serial number FCA0001 in 2015.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts