Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ok. My son was searching for a CCW pistol, Looked at the Springfields, Beretta nano, Rugers, all the usual suspects, Good firearms all, but thick, top heavy and not what he was comfortable with. I pulled an Interarms PPK/S off the used shelf, bingo. $400 later it was his. Took it to the range today and ran about 150 rounds through it until it had worn a spot in the webbing between his thumb and finger, a PPK trademark. At any rate he loves it. No malfunctions with FMJ's or the one mag of Hornady critical defense. Just strip 'em and rip 'em. Now he has ordered a new set of Cocobolo grips (hey, gun owners need to accessorize too) and now, if anyone wants the plastic Interarms Walther grips (free) PM me. His grips should be in Tue, I can get the plastic grips out to whomever on Friday.

If for some reason anyone wants a set of Pachmeyers for a S&W PPK/S, PM me.
MR

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
The guy who gets OEM grips should send you a nice bottle of Matua Valley sauvignon blanc wine from the Marlboro region of New Zealand, which can be found conveniently in USA grocery stores.

The Pachmayrs for Walther PPKs are not worth the postage. (Their other grips are generally excellent.)

M

·
Registered
8 Posts
I rather like the Pachmayr grips on my Interarms PPK/S. But they totally give you away if you try to carry concealed. I like the stock plastic grips, too. I would love to find away to remove the shine and have a matte finish on them.

·
Premium Member
6,228 Posts
Dang! Too late! That's what I get for dawdling and not checking up on the forum! A free set of grips for my PPK? I would have at least sent Mosbyranger a box of Zombie Max in trade!

-Pilotsteve

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
I rather like the Pachmayr grips on my Interarms PPK/S. But they totally give you away if you try to carry concealed. I like the stock plastic grips, too. I would love to find away to remove the shine and have a matte finish on them.
3M or somebody makes a spray that knocks the gloss off and gives a matte finish. It's found at art supplies stores.

M

·
Registered
256 Posts
I bought a set of the cocobola grips, they seemed WAY to thick to me, but I just loved the color,,, ended up going back to the original grips

1 - 11 of 11 Posts