Walther Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, this will be my first post. Today I visited a local gun store and purchased my first P99. I believe I got a pretty good bargain of $560 for the new 9mm P99AS all black. I?m going back to the store on Tuesday to pick it up.

I am concerned about how little the gun store representatives knew of the P99, everyone told me it is no longer in production, and phased out by the PPS. When I asked if this pistol has the extended ambidextrous magazine release of the post 2005 model, they told me the AS has only had one model. I am glad that I don?t listen to everything gun store representatives say or else they would have had me buy an M&P. I doubt they know any difference between pre-post 2004 models.

This forum has been extremely insightful for me as a long term Walther fan. I thought today would be a good day to join the club (the forums) as a new Walther owner.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Congrats on purchasing the best handgun in the world(biased).

I will give an opposing gunshop story. Last month I was in a place across the river and I asked if they had any Walthers. The guy told me no, he doesn't understand why they never see them, because he thinks they are of the finest handguns made. They had a case full of S&W, Glocks, HK's and a couple Sigs.:confused:

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.... and congrats on the purchase
I too frequent a gunshop that doesn't push the Walther much, though all the guys there like my PPS so far and think it will be a good seller.

·
Premium Member
1,792 Posts
Congratulations on a great new gun!! Safe shooting and enjoy - also, welcome to the forum....terrific info and great folks here...really, I
m not kidding!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Congrats and welcome! My P99 AS has proven to be one of the best purchases I've ever made, in fact I was just saying that on another forum!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Totally

I purchased my first handgun last week and went with the p99qa because it was the most comfortable gun on my list of options and had a great price... over $100 cheaper than bass pro shops but the gun dealers wanted me to go with glock or springfield.

I am currently looking at FOBUS holsters, at the Walther America site you can purchase a FOBUS holster with the Walther logo for $29 or get the product directly from FOBUS w/out logo for $25

(these are paddle holsters)

·
Registered
858 Posts
aha,someone else how got the m&p boogie. i'm surprised you didn't get the glock song and dance also. congrats on your superior choice. the best polymer pistol on the planet. quality,reliability,accuracy,value all rolled up in a beautiful pistol to boot.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys! Im so excited to go get it! I just hope they shipped the right one, the 2005 version with the longer mag release

·
Registered
361 Posts
You know I never thought that could be an issue until it happened to me with a P99 purchase. They shipped the wrong gun. It was supposed to be an AS .40, but instead they sent an AS 9mm. Always ask them to tell you the model number they are ordering and confirm it is the actual model number of the gun you want. This will save you time and effort of having to deal with this frustration.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Good news, I picked up the Walther today! It was the right version 2007 P99 AS with 2 15rd mags and all other accessories as usual. I?m very happy with it so far and will be taking it out to the range on Sunday. I let my dad hold it and now he will be buying one as soon as he gets a gun safe!

·
Registered
910 Posts
Congratulations and be thankful you didn't get the M&P instead. I think the P99 is a better gun with all the kinks ironed out long ago. I can say this with some authority having owned two M&P's. It's a shame more folks are not aware of the P99, worse the majority of gun store "experts" are clueless about it. Next to my new HK P30, my Walther P99 9mm is my favorite gun. You're gonna enjoy it.:)

·
Registered
358 Posts
I purchased my first handgun last week and went with the p99qa because it was the most comfortable gun on my list of options and had a great price... over $100 cheaper than bass pro shops but the gun dealers wanted me to go with glock or springfield.

I am currently looking at FOBUS holsters, at the Walther America site you can purchase a FOBUS holster with the Walther logo for $29 or get the product directly from FOBUS w/out logo for $25

(these are paddle holsters)

For the love of god skip the Fobus holster. You will get one and go "cool" for the first 30 seconds. After that point you will find out you need something probably inside the waste band etc. Try blade tech for 15-25 dollars more you will have something that can't easily be broken off.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts