Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my new Bianchi 7L holster for my compact Walther A/S 9mm. Fits pretty well. Just needa break the leather in. I'm happy

Previous Galco FLETCH holsters wore on the guns a lot, so for this new gun, I thought I would try a lined holster.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Is your holster cut to fit your compact or is it the standard length that takes the original p99? I just ordered a compact and have a lined Galco and was curious as to whether or not I will get a different holster....

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought the one for the standard size 99 on purpose. I had a Galco previously for a Glcok 19. A tiny bit of the slize around the muzzle was never protected. I ended up using it for a Glock 26 for many, many years. And, it worked perfect. There was only about 1/2 an inch of extra leather. That little bit made no difference for concealment, and it protected the gun.

So, instead of buying one for the compact specifically, I got one for the full size on purpose. As planned, it fits just fine and it only has a small amount of extra leather.

I just needa leave the gun in the holster for a few days to break it in, and it will become more flexable w/ use. I am satisfied. It also has a 3rd belt slot if I want to carry crossdraw.

My Galco Fletch was a great holster. I had the Glock one and one for a 1911 previously. But man, did they tear up the finish on the guns. I got new scratches on a stainless 1911 EVERY time I pulled the gun in and out. And, the Glock had significant wear as well. I finally had the G26 slide refinished earlier this year for the $45 that Glock charges.

I wanted to try a lined holster to see if it did less damage to the gun over time. Galco didn't have a lined holster for the P99. I really liked the one they sell, but unfortunately, it's only in select models.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is a pic:

I like the boning on the Galco holsters a pit better (the leather has the surface shape of the gun), but since I wanted a lined holster, this seemed like a good choice.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I never cleaned the Galco holster inside. I assume as long as it doesn't get really dirty it is fine.

It has a suade lining

1 - 6 of 6 Posts