Walther Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new GALCO holster for my P99. It is black leather. I never thought about it, but after a few hours with my gun in the holster, it is staining my Titanium slide BLACK !:eek: What can i use to take it off? Anyone else have this problem?:confused:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Get some break cleaner and try that. Also contact galco and ask them/ see if they have a way to prevent the staining process. It might just be die coming off and rubbing in a bit.

Then get tetra or militec-1 and put some one the slide and shoot, then reapply they should bond to the metal and help prevent that.

·
Patron
212 Posts
Just a warning........just in case...........do NOT get brake cleaner on the FRAME. Take the slide OFF to try that.

Just thought I'd mention it.................... ;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I used break free..the clp I use on my ar-15. It cleaned my slide and NO, it does not harm any plastic.:)

·
Registered
358 Posts
Both of us were talking about Break Cleaner, which can be found in your local automotive section.

Tomovich Break Cleaner won't hurt your weapon as long as its chlorine free.

·
Patron
212 Posts
I use tons of brake cleaner in my shop and I only use non-chlorinated. I can think of a sweet set of grips I ruined on a Walther P5 with brake cleaner. Some few plastics will be resistant to it, but MOST plastics will melt!

·
Patron
212 Posts
Glad to hear that, cool!

;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts