Walther Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my p99c AS and have never been more impressed by a firearm. My first range session of 200 rds went flawless. Now I find myself considering holsters as this will be my main ccw. Does anyone have any recommendations for me? My daily dress is pants and a tucked in shirt, so my options are kinda limited. I was looking at the Fist Kydex tuckable holsters, does anyone have experience with those?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just picked up a Don hume Holster from WWW.GUNNERSALLY.COM it's the model H715M-WC for my p99c as the fit is good and it's very comfortable carried at 4:00. I'm 5'7 and 168# and the gun doesn't print even when I carry with an untucked tee shirt. This setup has now become my summer carry.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Depends on your price range.

The Tucker "The Answer" holster is top notch for comfort and concealability, but it's $115 (whoa, they're up to $125 now) for what ammounts to a CTAC holster with a nice piece of leather attached. Kinda pricey, but I've been using this one for years and it's great. If you're really gonna carry daily, don't worry too much about the price...you're only gonna buy it once.

http://rlcompanyusa.stores.yahoo.net/iwbholsters1.html
compare with the CTAC
http://www.comp-tac.com/

If I had it to get another holster, I'd look at the Milt Sparks holsters, either the Watch 6 or Versa Max 2. They are pretty much the same, with the watch 6 being a little thinner at the cost of not having a reinforced mouth.
http://www.miltsparks.com/

·
Registered
88 Posts
Most online retailers have an 800 number you can call.

I'd ask the people who know better than anyone else. Sorry, but the P99c wasn't available when I bought gear for my P99.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Does anyone have any experience with ankle holsters?
Stay away from ankle holsters. They are terrible unless you plan to fight on your back like a rolled turtle. No one really teaches anything about ankle holsters because of the dangers of having to stop forward movement etc to get your weapon. It exposes you to lots of danger for relatively little if no concealment.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Stay away from ankle holsters. They are terrible unless you plan to fight on your back like a rolled turtle. No one really teaches anything about ankle holsters because of the dangers of having to stop forward movement etc to get your weapon. It exposes you to lots of danger for relatively little if no concealment.
That all makes perfect sense, never really thought about it that way. I'll keep looking for a good strong side concealed.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
P99c is, IMHO, too big for ankle carry. I always have a Keltec 380 for that purpose...depending on how you dress, I like a Fobus paddle. Easy on and off...I am constantly going into Court houses and police stations so it comes in very handy. Cheap too. Plus it doubles as my competition rig for USPSA and it fits both full size and compact, old and new frame styles.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I should have posted this earlier, but if you want a really good holster try blade-tech. If you are willing to ship your weapon to them, they will custom make a mold and sometimes even give you the initial one for free if they don't have that model yet.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just ordered a Safariland 568 the other day. Paddle holster 'cause there hasn't been a whole lotta' room inside my waist bands in years.

I'll post back when it arrives. Just got my P99c late last week and still have to make a trip to the range. Weather here has been nice and I've been working in the yard all week.

I know...I know... pretty sad and especialy for a first post. Oh and btw, hello all from Tennessee.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I like the Blade Tech UCH appendix carry. Very comfortable and thin. Sorry for the late reply, but I've been away for two weeks.:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts