Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, new to the site. I just picked up a Interarms PPK/S NIB for $CHEAP. I think it's gonna make a nice CCW. The funny thing is this is my first non .45 cal. purchase. My 2 other pistols are a H&K USP Tac. .45 & a Sig/Mauser M2 .45 Also does anyone know about the Pachmayr grips for our guns? Seems like they're the only rubber grips I can find. I know wood is nicer but I just want something comfy for CCW duty.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Jayhawk,
I'm fairly new here myself but let me be the first to welcome
you. Congrats on your PPK/S find, I'm sure you will like it. I
just bought a used german PPK/S at a hock shop last week
because the price was too good to pass up.
To answer your grip question I believe the pachmayrs are the
only rubberized grips available, but that's OK because they are
a great grip for a shooter or carry gun. I have a set on a PP
.22 and another on a PPK/S .380.
I think there's a couple sets on e-bay right now for $24.95
but sometimes you can find them cheaper.
FYI, I like to put the Trapper Gun spring kits in my Walthers.
You get a new recoil spring and 2 hammer springs to choose
from, it really lightens the trigger pull, just make sure it goes
bang every time you pull the trigger.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I'm not sure, but I think Hogue makes rubber grips for the PPK/s as well. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the Ebay info. I put a bid on a set today. Well I went to the range yesterday & put 100 rnds through it. I used cheap ammo as that was all they had (sellier&bellot). The gun seemed to get better toward the last of the ammo but through out I had about 8 misfires in SA. Looked as though the firing pin wasn't striking hard enough. Hopefully once broken in & with good ammo I'll not see any more problems.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hogue does make a rubber grip but it's that universal one that fits a lot of guns (Hand All?).

If this gun is going to be for CCW duty then wood may be the better way to go depending on where you plan to carry it on your body. If it's going to tucked away in an Inside the Pants holster the rubber grip will start rubbing againg against your skin and that sort of abbration gets old real quick. Just rub a pencil erasure against that part of your body, you'll see what I mean.

Checkered wood grips is another option but the feeling is gonna be similar to the plastic ones on it now. They just look nicer than plastic or rubber I think. But then again this is going to be a functional gun.

I have four different holsters for my PPK/S (S&W). A fanny pack I picked up at the range that has a rip cord for instant deployment ($20) just don't get it in black, that just screams "GUN!". A Galco USA (Ultimate Second Amendment) Inside the Pants ($45). A Galco SOB (Small Of the Back) that is proving very comfortable but a jacket or sweatshirt is required to use it (eBay-$42). And an older Galco SOB that sits horizonally that I'll use in front on my left front as a crossdraw for driving (eBay-$35).

So depending on the time of year and the weather more than one system may be more prudent and more stealthy.

BTW- Shoulder holsters are RARELY comfortable.

Also, be sure you have a belt that is heavier than normal. Again Galco makes some NICE NICE belts that don't look like Police gear. I have three. The CB-2 (Curved Belt) in Havanna Brown for dressy occasions ($90), the SB-1 (Sport Belt) in Black for a little more every-day use at the office($68) and an SB-10 (Sport Belt) with fancy stiching in tan for leisure wear ($88 ?). These belts are VERY strong but not overly stiff. The SB-10 is still a little new so it gives that creaking sound that new leather gives. All the buckels are solid brass (not plated) and Galco makes them in their own factory.

I did have a Bianchi B24 belt but it wasn't close to being strong enough.

Take a look-- http://www.usgalco.com

Catalogs are $8.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts