Walther Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, new guy here, first time PPK/s owner with a question.  First off, glad I found this place, there seems to be a wealth of info. here.  I ran thru a lot of the subject, and didn't find anything relating to my question, so hopefully this isn't an often asked one.
 I just purchased my first PPK/S, it's a S&W one, but an early model I believe, (still in the Walther box)  I'm the second owner, the original owner bought it 2 or 3 years ago and never fired it.

My question is, are all of them fairly hard to remove the magazine when it is loaded?  If you load the mag, and insert it, it's fine, but if you chamber a round, and then try to remove it, it's very hard.  What I've noticed is, it's pulled the next round forward a little in the mag, I'm assuming making the bullet drag on the frontstrap.  Normally I guess this wouldn't be a problem except when chambering a round and then topping off the mag.  It does it with both HP's and FMJ's, and also both mags.

The gun works great, I've only shot 50 rounds of American Eagle FMJ's, but function was 100% .

I'm a long time shooter 40+ years, and I've wanted a PPK since I saw my early James Bond movies.  It's a fun gun, probably a little more snappy then my Kel-Tec P3AT, but it's just like shooting a piece of history.

Thanks for a Great Forum

Regards Sonny

·
Registered
178 Posts
Sonny That's Normal!!
My 100% S&W Walther PPK/S does it too, With all three magazines..
The top round is scooting forward a bit..Normal!!
Enjoy The Walther!!
& Welcome to the Forum!!
B92

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good idea, I never thought of that!! I don't normally top off mags either. I just noticed this one doing that because I kept loading mags with different HP's to check and see if they would feed, and then when I went to drop the mag, that's when I would notice the drag. It wouldn't normally probably even be noticed.......Thanks for the tip.

Regards Sonny

·
Registered
178 Posts
That is a good Idea Michael..
I'll give it a try too..
Realy alot of times I just go with the seven rounds in the mag & just rack it with the safety applied then switch the safety to fire, ready to carry..
B92

·
Registered
33 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (michael t @ Feb. 21 2006,18:57)]
michael t said:
How do you guys get along with out me.
I playing with 2 new Keltec P-32 's at present. Their fun
Traitor

Sonny, topping off is generallly a bad idea, but the the PPK(/s) platform is actually a good handgun to load by hand. The ol' feed-one-from-the-mag-and-then-top-off method causes my mags to tighten too, and I have 400-500 rounds through mine.

·
Registered
713 Posts
P-32's Their trying out for back up to my PPK/s 1 will become my BUG and other will go to my soon to be X to get my 950 Beretta back. Then all will be right with the world again. Don't try loading a PPK/s thru ejection port first off port was never made to eject a loaded round from. load and drop slide soomer or later you will damage your extractor. Just load 1 round from mag then top off or have a 2nd mag to load 1 round from Or do as I said in first post.I have never noticed a problem in topping of a mag I want all the rounds the gun can carry

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Your going to love those P32's. I've had my P3AT for almost 4 years and have almost 500 rounds of CorBon thru it without a malfunction. Now I sit hear waiting for their new PF9!!!!! gotta have one of those!

Regards Sonny

·
Registered
713 Posts
Got my little Beretta 950BS back this afternoon. So I'm back to 1 p-32 . Its fun but I really like carrying my PPK/S better . Yes weights more but I had a long time and were close. Karma thing I guess. Besides with CorBon it kicks butt

·
Registered
178 Posts
Glad to Hear you got the Beretta 950BS back Mr. T..
Enjoy It!!
How do you like the Kel-Tec?? I used to have a Grendel P-10 yaers ago in .380
B92
Here is a pic of a few of my Full size 9mm Pistols, Note how the P7M8 is the best of the bunch for carry!! Alot thinner than the G19
I've been looking into smaller lighter carry pieces lately, I had a S&W 642-2 & dumped it because of it's terrible trigger, even after Wolff Springs polishing etc, My two Ruger SP101s blew it away IMO.. I'm also very interested in the Kahr Pistols & a Glock 26.. But the Walther PPK/S just feels so good to my hands after the modifications I've done..SMOOTH!
SIG Sauer P225/P6-Beretta92FS M9-Glock 19-HK P7M8

Super Slick PPK/S

·
Registered
713 Posts
Yes they are a blast to play with Going broke feeding them. I put the rim lock protector in my 2nd mag And now the little sucker has 8 rounds of CORBON in her.I did carry my PPK/S todat went to town for milk and bread. Went by Pawn Shop for a soda. Their in case next to my old Para was a almost new Springfield SS compact3 1/2" v-10 I don't like comp barrells but she just felt so good in my hand and hey they do help with recoil I mean I have kids and a 45 is well big.. Put on lay a way might have out middle of next mo. Only have so much Social Security money and got to eat and pay bills
Might sell my Llama sub compact I mean works now no fun.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm not much for ported barrels either, but I've had quite a few Springers....just be carefull of the shorter barreled 1911's, they can be a hit or miss as far as functioning.

Regards Sonny

1 - 14 of 14 Posts