Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also just ordered the Lakeline stainless guide rod/recoil spring assembly as I wasn't to particular on the plastic one installed. I know, I know but, I'll keep it as a back up in the event something happens to the stainless one.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Congrats! You’ll love that new companion. I also replaced my Shield with a PPS albeit a PPS M1. Been considering a M2 but I’m fond of the paddle magazine release to that of the push button. Sure wish Walther would make a M2 with the option of a paddle mag release. I’d be all over that!

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Nice. I put my PPS M2 up for the fall and winter around Labor Day. She'll most likely appear again around Memorial Day for another summer run. Enjoy!!

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
I also just ordered the Lakeline stainless guide rod/recoil spring assembly as I wasn't to particular on the plastic one installed. I know, I know but, I'll keep it as a back up in the event something happens to the stainless one.
You want to keep the OEM assembly in case you have to send the gun in for warranty work. If you do put the OEM part back in. I have the Lakeline in my PPS M2. It is not going to break.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The gun is not new, just new to me. The gentleman I got it from, filled the PPS part in with blue. He rarely carried or shot it though, as he has a PPS in .40 and prefers it I think. I liked the blue fill in myself along with the Vedder blue carbon color holster. I'm thinking of going to the range tomorrow and will post a range report if I do. :)

·
Registered
360 Posts
I put the Lakeline rod on mine a few months after I began carrying it in my rotation, for the same reasons that you mention. You'll hardly notice the difference in weight. I thought it actually made recoil a bit springier and I've never experienced any malfunction. I definitely prefer it with the Lakeline. Congrats on your purchase. I love mine!

Reactions: PPSplinkerCCer
1 - 9 of 9 Posts