1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Date help for guns, that is. :D

I have two guns I would like to get production dates for:
1- PP, 380, Ser # 607xx on frame followed by an A- 607xxA

Is the A part of the serial number? The A is omitted from the box label. The antler proof on barrel is preceded by "HH". Is that a date code?

2- PP, 22 LR, Ser # 533xx on frame followed by LR- 533xxLR

Is the LR part of the serial number? The LR is omitted from the box label. Definitely made in France by Manurhin and so marked, French proofs.

I need to determine if they are C&R.
THANKS.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Your Walther’s HH stamp is the date code for 1977, where A=0, B=1,... but no J.

Your Walther PP is not C&R eligible, but ALL Manurhin PP are eligible, regardless of date. It is a quirk of the BATAF C&R list, and a bit hard to locate, but it is there. I have bought and sold a few Manurhin PP as C&R, although many FFL are either unaware or won’t bother to look it up.

Reactions: handejector

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
A = chambered in 9mm kurz => .380
LR = chambered in 5,4mm lang => .22lr

Your 2nd PP was probably made in 1982/83.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Your Walther’s HH stamp is the date code for 1977, where A=0, B=1,... but no J.

Your Walther PP is not C&R eligible, but ALL Manurhin PP are eligible, regardless of date. It is a quirk of the BATAF C&R list, and a bit hard to locate, but it is there. I have bought and sold a few Manurhin PP as C&R, although many FFL are either unaware or won’t bother to look it up.
Thanks for that knowledge. I checked the C&R book, and it's there. ;)
Next question- this 22, 533xxLR, is marked "Under License Of" Carl Walther...etc on the slide, with "Made in France" and "Manurhin" on the heel of the butt.
Pics attached.
Is that still C&R qualified?
Thanks again!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Sam Cummings, owner of INTERARMS, had both: a Manurhin and a Walther licence. So it's legit to mark the gun as shown.

But as I'm from Germany I do not know anything about C&R, sorry.

Btw: Walther made 520xxLR was proofed in 1982...

·
Premium Member
1,523 Posts
Next question- this 22, 533xxLR, is marked "Under License Of" Carl Walther...etc on the slide, with "Made in France" and "Manurhin" on the heel of the butt.
Pics attached.
Is that still C&R qualified?
Welome to the forum.

Since the current C&R list says "Walther, Model PP and PPK semiautomatic pistols, in all cal.’s, mfd. in France and marked "MANHURIN". " I would agree with GeoNole that it is eligible.

I've never seen the Manhurin logo in that location before. Thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
That listing says nothing about "PPK/s". Manurhin PPK/s made in the 1980s, as this one was, are technically not "Curios or Relics".

M

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Well, to be perfectly honest, the C&R list misspells Manurhin, so maybe they really aren’t eligible - ha! I have rolled with it anyway, it is clearly a typo, and we have seen much worse spellings posted on the WF. Also, I seem to recall that entry line is conspicuously indented, so BATAF was pretty careless with this particular list entry.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts