Walther Forums banner

New guy looking for some info

1K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  Martin 
#1 ·
on a pistol I just purchased. Just picked this up from my LGS and wanted to know a little more about it. I see it has the CAI stamp on it and was wondering about when that was applied because I see by the serial number it was made in 1959, and of course the value on a piece like this. Thanks guys

See less See more
#8 ·
No. My Danish is mostly limited to German cognates, but the booklet appears to be police-issue, and deals with safety and storage from words I can read on the cover.

Since Denmark obviously got the guns much earlier than 1981, likely when new, they may have updated policies that year.

Can you tell from illustrations how specific the booklet is to the PP? It may have been added when the gun was released for commercial sale in Denmark; the 1980s was when most European agencies got rid of their 7.65mm pistols.

#11 ·
Your PP was made 1959/1960 acc. to its serial number. Someone added a postfix (P) to the number, it's not original.

The German manual was printed in the 60's. The picture of the Walther factory backside on the sleeve could answer the year more exactly, early manuals show the factory w.o. annex. Later versions show the building incl. annex. Interesting that it is the German Walther manual, not the French Manurhin manual.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.