Walther Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I recently got a Walther PPQ m2 that I'm super pumped about (traded a 320 for it) and I own several brand name pistols but the PPQ 8s quickly becoming top dog.
I look forward to questions and answers from you folks, first on being that I'm reading about a gen 1 and 2 ppq? What is the difference? And how do I know what I have? Thanks in advance and for having me here!

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Welcome from South Carolina. The main difference is the mag release. If it's on the trigger guard it's an M1 or Gen1. They don't take the same mags.

·
Premium Member
8,682 Posts
Welcome...even if you are a gator....

The Classic (M1) has a paddle mag release on the trigger guard as cz said and the M2 has a button mag release on the frame (M2) and again as cz said the mags won't interchange without a good bit of "jiggery pokery".

Some some consider gen 1 and gen 2 to be the change from a rifled barrel to a polygonal barrel and slight changes to design of the slide attendant to the barrel change.

Whichever you have you can be sure it is dependable and accurate.

A Q has been part of my life support system since 2011. I presently EDC a Q45 and when I must be on or under the water a 9mm Navy Q.

Enjoy your time with us...yes we even allow gators. Go Canes! Go Noles!

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Welcome from the Mountains. Enjoy shooting your new pistol.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Welcome! I will be crossing the boarder into FL in two days headed to Orlando for a much needed vacation. Most likely, my P99c will accompany us on this visit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts