Walther Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a while back about winning a PPK/S at a local raffle and having to send it back to the factory because even the gunsmith couldn't field strip it. Then, got the replacement gun and while cleaning it the ejector spring popped out and I had a tough time getting it reinstalled properly. Finally, got to the range today. Only had 70 rounds of inexpensive Blazer ammo, so I shot 35 rounds in each of the magazines that came with the gun. Bottom line, no problems whatsoever. Fed, fired and ejected perfectly. After reading some of the reviews, I was worried it may be prone to problems. I am just so pleased with the little gun's performance so far. I know it's not even broken in, but I have far few fears than before.

Now, I need some advice. I'm accustomed to the large three white dot sight picture of my Glock 17. The sights on the PPK/S are significantly smaller and red. My 64 year old eyes can't really see the 380's sights clear enough to focus properly. Are there any aftermarket sights, night sights, etc., that will improve the sight picture on the PPK/S, especially in daytime? Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, battlecry, for the timely advice. Your link is a bit pricy, but sounds like a good company. I've checked the usual sources for night sights, etc., and haven't found any yet that are for the PPK/S. Looks like a custom job may be the only way to go.

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
I don't know if those guys will do sights for the PPk/S
but I hear nothing but good things about them in regard to the P7 sight replacements....
nor do I know if this is what you are looking for... but I thought I let you know.... you only have to send in the slide....and they are not too expensive neither

here is the link

·
Registered
713 Posts
Go find some bright finger nail polish and repaint sights I have a red front sight I look at that only or point shoot. I don't target shoot bulleys.I want to draw and empty the pistol as fast as possible in a 8" (plate size )circle. I carry for SD and my range is my house . As range master I approve of rapid shooting.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input. I've emailed P T Night Sights asking about the PPK/S and related costs. I'll post their reply when I get it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
P T Night Sights was very prompt in answering my email asking if they could install their signts on a PPK/S. Here's their response:

"Yes, we can. You need to send the slide in (to the address below my signature) so we can make the proper fit.

If you buy the sights from us there is no charge for installation."

The price was $89 for the set, not bad at all in my opinion.

Uncut, battlecry, thanks for the tips.

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
No problem.. glad it works out for you.....
I have never used them... but here is a link to a post from PCT with some nice pics for you to look at ...

there you got click on this link

1 - 8 of 8 Posts