Walther Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my first gun....it's a .380 PPK/S. I would like to carry HPs but I have heard some bad things about these guns with HPs. Also, the closest gun store to me only carries Fiocchi. Does anyone have any experience with Fiocchi and PPKs?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Some guns are better than others at handling JHP's. Your best bet is just to buy a box and fire them. I know they are expensive, but if you are planning to carry the gun, you should at least take the time to go ahead an put a couple of boxes through to make sure everything is OK.

If you have a S&W PPK, most likely you won't have any trouble with JHP's (but you never know until you fire) and if you have an older Interarm's gun you might have some feed issues. Most of the time, this can corrected, but once again, you need to fire the gun with your ammo of choice to be certain of a problems.

If you do a seach, I believe you will find out more info on Fiocchi. I remember coming across several threads in regard to this ammo.

OH, and welcome to the club. Enjoy your new gun.

·
Registered
118 Posts
My PPK/S-1 (S&W) doesn't like any JHP's I've tried. It loves WWB blunt nose so that is what I use. I carry the the little bugger with the blunt nose ammo.

·
Registered
78 Posts
My Interarms PPK/S digests the 90gr Federal Hydra-Shok with no problems. I have often heard that the 102gr Remington Golden Saber works well in the PPK due to the rounder bullet profile. You'll never really know about the Fiocchi ammo unless you try it out for yourself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
When I first got my Interarms PPK/S it had a hard time feeding anything. But after I polished the feed ramp and chamber to a mirror finish with a dremmel tool and jewelers rouge it feeds almost everything flawlessly. It still has a problem with Federal Hydra-shok rounds because of their conical shape and sharp front edge, but Winchester SXTs feed fine so I carry those daily.
Last time I went to Walmart I picked up a box of what I thought was WWB FMJ, but turned out to be very round-nosed JHPs. They fed real well and were cheap enough for range ammo. If you have the inclination I highly suggest a ramp polish job, it will dramatically change the way the pistol feeds ammo.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all your help...I just bought the gun brand new and honestly I don't know whether its an interarms or S&W or how to tell.

I suppose ill just have to take a few mags of these HPs out to the range and find out. I hope I don't need to use it b/w now and then.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've shot the remington JHP from Walmart through my early US-made PPK. They shot just fine. I have also shot the Winchester Silvertips and they were flawless so that is what I am carrying right now. I plan to try the Federal Hydroshok and/or the Corbon powerball or DPX.

The feed ramp on mine is certainly not polished mirror smooth but it seems to feed well.

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
Not only should you test your Walther with HPs, you should give her a chance to digest DIFFERENT makes of HPs. It might feed a Silvertip or HydraShok just fine, and malfunction like crazy with some other make. There are also alternatives to HP that you might try. Although they are somewhat "controversial" with some folks. These are Glaser safety slugs and Extreme Shock loads. They feature a FMJ contour with a pre-fragmented bullet.

Dep

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 8 of 8 Posts